Actions and Detail Panel
VIP CSR & Sustainable Development training, Cambridge UK
Mon, November 7, 2016, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM GMT
***********Individual one-one-one training************
This CSR VIP session is designed for Leaders and CSR senior leadership from all sectors and functions, and focuses on their role in mainstreaming CSR and sustainable development within an organisation.
Drs Daan Elffers and his team will guide a small group of senior-level participants through the key CSR issues and opportunities. It's the ideal opportunity to share learning on sustainable development and CSR
Prior to the CSR VIP session, participants have access to a short assessment outlining key issues they want to focus, to help them maximise their time. The CSR VIP session is more than a one-off inspirational event. Participants are supported after the event, whilst taking action to make their organisation more sustainable, and there is the option of meeting again, six months after the programme, to discuss progress and share further challenges.
- How CSR and sustainability can lead change and contribute to profit
- Setting and communicating a vision (balancing the short-term and the bigger picture)
- Motivating and inspiring the company & employees
- Making difficult decisions in corporate sustainability & CSR in the short-term to protect and nourish the long-term
- Understanding the role of SDGs (Sustainable Develpment Goals)
ACTIVE AND PRACTICAL TRAINING
EMG’s training courses encourage an active, hands-on approach enabling participants to engage in experimental learning. With theoretical and practical content delivered through a mixture of lectures, group discussions, case-study reviews and one-on-one dialogue, participants are taught in a supportive and stimulating learning environment.
With content based on international standards, the trainings are delivered by highly experienced trainers who extensive subject-matter and corporate experience and awareness of local CSR and sustainability practice and issues.
EMG delivers certified and bespoke training courses which provide an emphasis on exploring how best to apply CSR and sustainability concepts to participant’s own organizations, ensuring participants are able to effectively implement their newly acquired knowledge immediately.
Participants should expect a challenging and thought-provoking course that will inspire and enable action on CSR within their organization.
Building on theoretical knowledge, participants will develop practical skills that will increase the visibility and profile of CSR within their organization and accelerate the return on investment in CSR related policy, strategy and activities.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of current CSR / sustainability strategy trends in their own industry
- Learn the building blocks of CSR / sustainability policy and strategy creation and how best to apply these to their own organization
- Learn how to identify ‘CSR target areas and initiatives’ within their organization and its reach
- Learn methods of measurement and reporting frameworks, including how and when to measure social return on investment (SROI)
- Develop leadership skills to ensure engagement and ownership of stakeholders and success of strategy implementation
- Learn from Zero to CSR Strategy – all steps
By the end of this training participants will have covered the following:
- Fundamentals of CSR and sustainability
- Regional case studies of best practice
- Developing CSR / sustainability from start to completion
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Development of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- CSR measurement and reporting mechanisms
About the key trainer
Drs Daan Elffers
Named one of the '100 Most Talented Leaders in CSR' by the World CSR Day organization, Elffers was the Chairman of the recent CSR Summit in Dubai, the longest running CSR summit in the region and provided trainings at regional events such as CSR Saudi Arabia, CSR Oman, CSR Dubai and CSR Qatar. Elffers holds a Master’s degree from the Rotterdam School of Management and is on the CSR Expert Panel for the Department of Business Economics at Erasmus University (The Netherlands). A certified Cradle to Cradle consultant since 2008, he is an advisor with the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute in California (USA) and a Guest Member of the Circular Economy Taskforce at the World Economic Forum. He is a Strategic Advisory Council Member to the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment, the world’s largest membership organization for sustainability professionals.
What delegates say about our training
“I commend your mastery of your subject and the rich information I came across in your presentation.“ Mohammad N. Yamani, Saudi Aramco
“I encourage not just companies, but everyone to attend such a good course by a good presenter like this one” Heba Faqih, Arabian Cement Company
“EMG did a great job in activating participants to focus on how to pitch [sustainability] in a competitive market in a practical and inspiring way.” Albin Kälin, CEO of EPEA Switzerland
- No show will not result in refund.
- Transfers are subject to €250 administration fee.
- EMG retains the right to reschedule the training or location
- If a training is cancelled or postponed, participants will be transferred to the next available date at no additional fee.
- Only those delegates whose fees have been paid in full will be admitted to the event.
- Substitutions are welcome
- Our cancellation policy is 25 working days prior to training at €250 administration fee.