San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
*For families who live with an individual with a disability
A one day conference that assists families in navigating a complex system.
REGISTER ONLINE AT: http://vinitaontheroadconference.eventbrite.com
Sooner SUCCESS • Oklahoma Department of Human Services/Developmental Disabilities Services Division (OKDHS/DDSD)
Tuesday, September 17, 2013, Vinita, OK.
Craig County Fairgrounds Community Center, 915 Apperson Rd, Vinita OK 74301
Agenda Morning Session
8:00am-8:30am Registration (Light Breakfast) and Welcome
- Sooner SUCCESS- How your county coordinator can help families navigate the system for services
- Community Guide- How to use the community guide in navigating eligibility of services.
- TEFRA- Medicaid for children with disabilities- only the child’s income is counted.
- SSI/DCP- Social Security/Disabled Children’s program
- DDSD Guardianship Information- Overview of guardianship options if needed
- Person- Centered Story- Learn how a person-centered story can change a family member’s life.
- Partners and Policymaking – Learn in 9 months how to be an advocacy expert for your family member and yourself.
- TARC – Learn to be a guardian, or join the OK Aim team.
- Down Syndrome—Support Group information
- Autism OK—Support Group Information
- SoonerSUCCESS SibShops- Find out how to start a sibshop in your area.
- Oklahoma People First- Empowering Self Advocates
Break 10:25am-10:35 am
- 10:35am-11:00am- Assistive Technology presentation/Oklahoma ABLE Tech
- 11:00am-11:45am- Overview of Developmental Disabilities Services Division/DDSD
LUNCH (provided) 12:00pm- 12:30pm; 12:30pm to 1:00pm- AT Demonstration at lunch.
1:00 pm to 3:00pm- State and Local Q and A Panel
- Oklahoma Family Network- Become a family mentor to a family who has a child with a disability.
- Oklahoma State Department of Ed/Special Education -- Special Ed Overview. 0-22 ages.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services - Job information for your family member who has a disability.
- ODMHSAS-Mental Health Wrap Around- Learn how wrap around can change the life of the family and person who has a mental Illness.
- Okla. Disability Law Center/PEAPOD - (ODLC) – Learn parents rights under IDEA.
- Okla. Parents Center-(OPC) - Trainings to learn to be a better advocate for your child.
- Native American Parent Center- Outreach to Native American families who have a child with a disability.
Register below or go online to register at: http://vinitaontheroadconference.eventbrite.com
- -" - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --------------------------------------------------------
CONFERENCE IS FREE
Sally-Selvidge@ouhsc.edu or 405-812-5076 or 1-877-0434, Family Outreach Coordinator, Sooner SUCCESS
Jonnie.Morse@okdhs.org 1-800-572-6844 , Craig County, OKDHS, SSI/DCP
When & Where
Serving-Supporting-Building INCLUSIVE Communites for Oklahoma Children and youth.
The Mission of Sooner SUCCESS is to advance an INCLUSIVE comprehensive, unified system of health, social and educational services for Oklahoma children and youth with special needs.