San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Young Urban Mediamakers (YUMs) are aspiring creatives ages 11-17 with an interest in acting, animation, art, drawing, film, gaming, music, new media, print, television, video and web. Annually the YUMs presents Videopalooza, a short film competition for middle and high school students. Videopalooza lifts the voices of youth as they use visual communication to express how they feel about those things that are important to them.
The 5th Young Urban Mediamakers Videopalooza Competition 2016 films will screen during the 15th Urban Mediamakers Film Festival (UMFF), October 8, 2016 at Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta.
Youth ages up to 19 are FREE - Adults (20+) $5.
Videopalooza Series #2 – Middle and High School Students – 1:30-2:30p
- Most Welcome Breezes: The Story of Marion Manley | Ben Manley, Director | USA
- Of Gods and Bells | Alexia Salingaros, Director | Short Film | San Antonio, TX USA
- Still In Motion | Julia Newman, Director | Short Hills, NJ USA
- Texting & Driving | Lamond Hopkins, Dajah Reese, Zaharia Safforld, Producers | Youth Project | Public Service Announcement | Chicago, IL USA
- The Pursuit of Happiness | Marvin Paguio, Director | Buena Park, CA USA
- Twisted Female Bodies | Jakyrah Harris, Director | Short Film | Chicago, IL USA
Videopalooza Series #3 – Middle and High School Students – 3:00-5:00p
- #SkinOutSpeakOut | Avery Kim, Director | Short Film | USA
- Don’t Get Tagged | Jermiah Victor, Director | Anna Maria Island, FL USA
- Foreshadow | Julien Turner, Director | Short Film | Pickerington, Ohio USA
- His First Time | Angel Violet, Director | Short Film | Duncan, BC Canada
- Katharos | Evan Obrien, Director | USA
- Penalties | Roderick Gadaev, Director | Short Film | Australia
- Taking A Beating | Alec Douglas, Director | Discovery Bay, CA USA
The Young Urban Mediamakers (YUMs) is a youth program of the Urban Mediamakers for ages 10-19. For more information, visit www.urbanmediamakers.com or call 404.460.2793.
When & Where
The consortium of independent content creators changing the world, one story at a time.