Hosted by the Long Beach Police Department
Video is the hot ticket right now not only in the general social media marketplace but for law enforcement as well.
The analytics and information received from users of social media indicate they are drawn more to watching a video as opposed to reading text. At least one social media platform has acknowledged that video and live-streaming video will be given preference in the user's timeline.
When creating videos for law enforcement social media purposes, there are tools, techniques and information you need to know to make it more professional, easier to produce and maximize the reach to your community.
You'll get hands-on experience and instruction on:
- Budgets; From low to high budgets, you'll see what will work for your particular situation
- Overview of various platforms using video and their specifications
- Light, sound and tripods; We'll show you some tricks to make a great portable video kit
- Stages of video production; Planning, shooting, editing, publishing
- Legalities of video; Can you use a certain song for a video? Do you have consent and releases?
- Video production: You'll produce a video in the class, with step-by-step software instruction
- Much more!
Students will leave this class with the experience and knowledge to produce great videos for their communities.
It is mandatory that students have a mobile device for recording video and a laptop computer for editing and producing the video. Tablets, such as iPads, are discouraged for this class.
Need a Training Request Flyer?
Payments, Cancellations and Refunds