San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- We will meet AT THE CAMP at 6:00 for check-in.
- If you wish to carpool, please coordinate with other parents.
Webelos Resident Camp at Tomahawk (45.70501,-91.678548):
Webelos Resident camp is specifically for Webelos II and is an important step in preparing for Boy Scout camping. You’ll learn new skills and work on advancement along with all of the FUN a camp setting provides. All of the food, equipment, and training is provided by our extraordinary staff; just bring your personal gear and a desire to learn!
Webelos Resident Camp is the best time for Webelos to earn a lot of advancement. Scouts will be able to choose which awards they want to earn. Below is a list of just some of the things Scouts will get to work on:
- Going swimming on a hot afternoon to cool down
- Hopping in a canoe or rowboat and heading out onto the water
- Practice shooting archery or bb guns at one of our ranges
- Build a neat craft that you can take home with you
- Learn Scout skills like whittling and fire building
- Play wacky games with the camp staff
- Test yourself on one of our climbing or bouldering walls
- Sit around a campfire sharing stories and doing skits
- Spend time with your family in the great outdoors
For the family - Please pack all of the personal items you will need for a weekend at camp:
- Camp Chairs
- Cub Scout Handbook
- Cub Scout knife (No sheath knives, Whittling Chip Card is required)
- Health Form and Waiver
- Matches (adults only)
- Mosquito netting
- Mosquito repellant
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Poncho or Raincoat
- Shoes (2 Pair)
- Sleeping bag or sheets/blankets
- Sun Screen
- Sweater or jacket
- Underwear & Socks
- Uniform Shirt
- Water Bottle
Bring a backpack, to put your swimsuit, shoes, water bottles and other things you’ll need throughout the day (you won’t have many chances to return to your campsite. You may want to bring equipment such as Frisbees, softballs and gloves.
A uniform is highly recommended, but no Cub Scout is denied admittance because he does not own a uniform.