Actions and Detail Panel
Vernal Pool Flower Walks 2017
Sun, April 9, 2017, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
UPDATE on 3/11: All Vernal Pool Flower Walks are now SOLD OUT. However, we normally get a substantial number of cancellations, so please join the waiting list and there's a chance we'll be able to fit you in. Thanks!
As the spring sun warms the earth and the pools evaporate, the wet phase gives rise to the flower phase. During the month of April flowers bloom in an ever-changing abundance of colorful rings and patches. The uplands (in between the pools) host their own suite of species, while the wetlands provide habitat for dozens of flowers that only bloom in vernal pools. Each pool has its own assortment of flowers depending upon the soil, hydrology and many factors we don’t yet understand. Come explore this rare and fascinating natural treasure with us!
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Tours last two hours and are led by trained docents.
- Tours are FREE but we welcome tax-deductible donations in support of our environmental science programs for schoolchildren.
- These tours are intended for individuals and families. Tours are NOT SUITED FOR ORGANIZED GROUPS, e.g., scout troops, photography clubs, special classes, etc. Please inquire about private tours.
- Reservations are required and YOU MAY ONLY REGISTER YOUR OWN HOUSEHOLD. If you are inviting others (who do not live with you) to come along, please ask them to register separately.
- Tickets are limited to 2 adults and 3 kids per household. If you have more than 2 adults and/or 3 kids in your household, please contact us.
- If you need to make special arrangements, please contact us.
- If you cannot honor your reservation, please free up your space for someone on the waitlist by canceling your reservation as early as possible.
- All tours run rain or shine. You will be walking over uneven ground in direct sun or possibly rain. Please come prepared with sturdy walking shoes, long pants, rain gear, and/or sunscreen & sun hats.