Actions and Detail Panel
Venice Lido Market Shopping Stroll
Tue, September 5, 2017, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM CEST
Venice Lido Market Shopping Tour by OG Venice Italy.
The weekly market on the Venice Lido is famously known as "the market with the best views in the world". Indeed, you will enjoy sweeping views of the Canale di San Marco, the skyline of Venice and the Islands of the lagoon during this excursion. However, this bustling market is also the very best place - with the very best prices - to shop for local, regional and Italian foods in Venice. Between more than a kilometer of market stalls, there are produce from the islands of the lagoon, Italian cheeses, cured meats, candies, preserves and hundreds of other delicacies to discover. There are also antique furnishings, home goods, plants, flowers and just about anything else you could need or imagine.
On this 3 hour excursion, your host will walk with you to and through the market and assemble a generous tasting of specialties from various stalls. If needed, you will also have all the help you want with shopping from the stalls in Italian.
Details of the Venice Lido Market Shopping Stroll:
For your private Lido Market Shopping Stroll, we will meet at the boat station of Santa Maria Elizabetta on the Lido and proceed together on foot to the market.
Please note: The cost of public transportation is not included in the ticket price. Round trip boat tickets will cost 15 euros. We suggest that all guests purchase a travel card good for unlimited rides during their stay in Venice.
DAYS & TIMES:
- Leaves at: 10:00 AM
- Lasts: 3 hours
- Available: Tuesdays
- English; Italian for shopping.
PRICING & PAYMENT:
- Credit card required for booking.
- Refundable 2 weeks prior to departure with notice of cancelation.
- Guests responsible for own costs of public transportation.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- Accompaniment to and through the market.
- Picnic style tasting of breads, fruits, cheeses and meats.
- Any help needed with shopping.
- Maximum of 6 Guests
- Ages 5 to 110
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Guests must be able to stand and walk for at least 1.5 hours at a time.
- Guests must be comfortable riding in boats.
- This tour goes rain or shine.
Read more HERE.