Vegan/Vegetarian Cooking Series, 4 weeks- 10/7-10/28/13@7pm
Monday, October 7, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
VEGAN / Vegetarian COOKING SERIES - $350 – 4 Weeks
Monday, 10/7/13-10/28/13 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Meets once weekly – 2 ½ hours - 4 weeks
- Easy-to-prepare Meals and Basic Cooking Techniques
- Roasting, Sautéing, Grilling, Baking
- Preparation is key as steps are done in advance to save time
- Many ingredients can be purchased ready-to-cook for ease in the kitchen
- Knife Skills Instruction and Practice
Everyone has been told to eat more Vegetables and to simplify their diets by eating Meatless Meals more often for their Health and Well-Being. Chef Eric has spent years working on some VEGAN / Vegetarian Recipes that are tasty and use unique ingredients for extra FLAVOR! Come join us for this exciting Series that will have you loving to cook and eat Healthier AT HOME!
Some of the Delicious Recipes are:
Class #1 – Dry Heat Cooking, Stir-Frying, Roasting. Topics Covered - Students learn Dry Cooking Techniques, Stir-Frying and Roasting of Vegetables and Cooking Whole Grains. Procuring, storing and serving are also covered. Quality factors when selecting produce are emphasized.
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes Bravas with Spicy Picante Tomato Sauce
- Aloo Gohbi Masala-Filled Samosas with Mint Coriander Sauce
- Lepuy Lentils with Garlic, Turmeric Root and Cumin on Rice Pilaf with Bulgur
- Asian-Style Spicy Peanut Rice Noodle Salad
- Roasted Asparagus Walnut and Avocado Salad with Parmesan Shavings
Class #2 – Pasta, Rice, Sauce Making and Curry Making. Topics Covered - Students learn Pasta Making and Sauce Making; Thai-Style Curry Making and Indian-Style Curry Making.
- Fresh Spinach Pasta All’Amatriciana
- Punjab-Style Baby Vegetables in Coconut Curry Sauce with Traditional Basmati Rice
- Mallorcan Vegan Cabbage Stew Baked on top of Crusty French Bread
- Stir-Fried Tofu and Vegetables with Thai Green Curry Paste and Coconut Milk
Class #3 – Appetizer Preparation; Sautéing Techniques, Baking Techniques. Topics Covered - Students learn Appetizer Techniques; Bread Making and Phyllo Dough Techniques are stressed.
- Mushroom Duxelle-Stuffed Squash
- Caramelized Onion and Olive Pissaladiere
- Crispy Potato, Carrot and Scallion Cakes with Feta Cheese, Kalamata Olives
- Cheese-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- VEGAN Naan Bread
- Vegetarian Naan Bread
Class #4 – Meal Preparation
- Vegetable Paella with Brown Rice
- Roasted Garlic and Mushroom Flan
- Baked Eggplant, Zucchini and Potato Tortino
Come join Chef Eric in creating Vegan / Vegetarian Friendly Meals for you and your Family!