Actions and Detail Panel
Vector & Raster Analysis - Spring 2017
Tue, Apr 25, 2017, 6:00 PM – Tue, May 16, 2017, 9:00 PM PDT
This five-session workshop is designed for students interested in gaining intermediate-level skills in the use of ArcGIS 10. The topics include: geocoding, georeferencing, modelbuilder, and the Spatial Analyst toolbox.
The format will be a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises during which students will explore GIS concepts and applications. The primary objective of the workshop is for students to acquire a set of core GIS skills sought by today's employers. In so doing, students will use real-world vector and raster geospatial data from a variety of sources, including the City and County of San Francisco.
The five week workshop will focus on the following:
• Geocoding addresses using ArcGIS 10 Address Locators
• Georeferencing non-spatial raster imagery onto current basemaps - we call it “new life for old maps”
• Geoprocessing with tools such as Buffer, Clip and Union and visualizing workflows using ModelBuilder
• Obtaining vector and raster data sets from web-based data portals such as USGS Seamless Server
• Exploring the ArcGIS 10 Image Analysis functions
• Application of GIS skills to collaboratively develop an approach and techniques for a site suitability project
• Prerequisite Required: student must possess basic ArcGIS skills; the GIS Quick Start class would meet this requirement.
• A 1 year license of Esri's ArcGIS 10x for personal use
• Hands-on lab time and opportunity to talk with instructors
• Certificate of Attendance
This class meets once (1) per week (6pm-9pm) for four (4) weeks.
Devan Morris, GIS Analyst at SF Department of Health
For more information about this workshop and our program please visit ccsfgis.org
What is the refund policy?
100% Refund when cancelling 4 business days prior to workshop
50% Refund within 4 business days of event
0% Refund once materials are accessed; Or proprietary software codes provided; Or 12am of first day of class and after.
Date and Time
1125 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110