Vancouver Startup Weekend (Disruptive Tech) 05/2013
Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM (ART)
For all event details, visit vancouver.startupweekend.org
May 28 - Startup Methodologies Bootcamp
- This ticket applies to those who wish to take a lean startup methodologies crash-course with acclaimed professor, Evan Hu.
- It will be held on Tuesday, May 28, 6pm-9pm, at the Launch Academy.
- 300 – 128 West Hastings Street
May 30 - Pitch Like a Pro Workshop
- This ticket applies to those who wish to perfect their elevator pitch, with local entrepreneur and Startup Weekend 2011 winner, Alexandra Greenhill of MyBestHelper
- It will be held on Thursday, May 30, 6pm-9pm, at the Launch Academy.
- 300 – 128 West Hastings Street
- This ticket type applies to software engineers/coders/developers - in short, anybody who can and will write code.
- This ticket type applies to anybody with a background in design (graphics, UX/UI, etc.)
- This ticket type applies to business, marketing & PR, and anyone with a non-technical background.
- This ticket applies to engineers and hackers, be it electrical, mechanical, or bio-tech.
Sunday Presentation Audience
- This ticket applies to people who wish to come in Sunday evening and watch the final project presentations (5pm-9pm).
- The final presentation will take place at a different venue to be announced soon.
Refund Policy: No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
About Startup Weekend: Startup Weekends are 54-hour events designed to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through brainstorming, business plan development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekends culminate in Sunday night demos and presentations. Participants create working startups during the event and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks. All teams hear talks by industry leaders and receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurials. The weekend is centered around action, innovation, and education. Whether you are looking for feedback on a idea, a co-founder, specific skill sets, or a team to help you execute, Startup Weekends are the perfect environment in which to test your idea and take the first steps towards launching your own startup.
When & Where
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over a thousand past events in 110+ countries around the world.
The non-profit organization is in Seattle, Washington but Startup Weekend organizers and facilitators can be found in cities around the world. From Mongolia to South Africa to London to Brazil, people around the globe are coming together for weekend long workshops to pitch ideas, form teams, and start companies.
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekends culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback.
Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a co-founder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!