Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 11:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
We are excited to present our first ever Valentine's Vamp, a formal (black tie, business attire or fiercely fashionable haute couture dress code) gala-styled fundraiser to be held Saturday, February 9, 2013 (postponed to MARCH 23 due to snowstorm) at 7pm, with an open bar Cocktail Hour at 5:30 pm. This fun-filled evening of delicious food from Joe's Place, great music by DJ Steve Sidewalk, DJ TK, DJ Michael Hades, and Sir Ari Gold, dancing, entertainment, will even feature a very special bachelor(ette) auction!
If you wish to come but cannot afford to pay full price for a ticket, please call or e-mail Peter (make sure you leave your contact info so we can get back to you) with the amount you can afford and he'll work with you: firstname.lastname@example.org or (914) 417-9579.
Attendees to the Valentine's Vamp will be delighted by wholesome food provided by Joe's Place. VIP ticketholders will enjoy an open bar throughout the evening (of the sponsored liquor), as well as hosted service in the special VIP-only balcony. The door will be managed by Miss Muscles and international fashion and lifestyle photographer Rob Ordonez will provide a photographic journal of the evening's festivities.
The 5:30 pm VIP cocktail "hour" will feature not only an open bar but will dazzling performances by Lovari, Athena Reich, Sissy Van Dyke, PVaz, Ms. Appolonia Cruz, Tym Moss, Diva Jackie Dupree, Lady Clover Honey, Andrea Alton (Molly Dykeman), Spicky Hilton, Cisco Perez, T'Lifah Tigerss, and Jay Edwards (Mr. Stonewall Cub)! VIP ticketholders will continue to be entertained in the VIP-only balcony with live performances at 7pm by Lovari, Andrea Alton as Molly Dykeman, Tym Moss, Lady Clover Honey, Justin Utley, Spicky Hilton, Barnacle Bill, Sissy Van Dyke, PVaz, Cisco Perez, and Diva Jackie Dupree until the main event begins around 8pm.
Entertainment during the main event, which will start around 8pm, will be provided by Ms. Appolonia Cruz, Tym Moss, Sissy Van Dyke, Jay Edwards, Lovari, Lady Clover Honey, PVaz, Laritza Dumont, Justin Utley, Diva Jackie Dupree, Barnacle Bill, Spicky Hilton, Cisco Perez, L'Tifah Tigerss, Molly "Equality" Dykeman, DJ Steve Sidewalk, and DJ TK.
The glamorious international drag sensation Appolonia Cruz will co-host the evening, along with the famed fabulous drag diva artist Lady Clover Honey (whose versatility extends from the silver screen to the stage to radio to Gracie Mansion to the Chelsea Piers), while Master of Ceremonies Tym Moss (host of Artists Exposed) will auction off the following bachelors and bachelorettes, as well as entertain us with a song or three:
- Sir Ari Gold, Bronx native, award-winning, Billboard Chart-topping recording artist, producer & DJ
- Adam Barta, Bronx native, Top 20 Billboard chart-topping recording artist with the #1 Ultimate Sexiest Video Of All Time on LOGO
- *Sissy Van Dyke, blogger and stand-up comic raised in The Bronx
- Justin Hernandez, Bronx native, writer, author of Inside the Vortex, blogger for Naked in New York City, and Huffington Post Gay Voices contributor
- *Ms. Appolonia Cruz, international drag performance superstar from The Bronx
- *L'Tifah Tigerss, drag performer and healthcare professional
- *Barnacle Bill, Bronx native, soul-folk-reggae singer and poet, recipient of the Fresh Fruit Spirit Award and the Excellence in Live Performance award
- *Lovari, award-winning recording artist & SAG/AFTRA member (Law & Order: SVU regular), and movie producer
- *Justin Utley, award-winning singer/songwriter, OUTMusic Awards Best Folk/Country Song of the Year, Inspirational Award recipient (FBI LGBT Division), 2002 Winter Olympics featured performer
- *Athena Reich, original award-winning singer/songwriter, actor, TV personality, Lady Gaga impersonator, and music & acting coach. She's throwing in some of her CDs to the winner, too!
- *PVaz, pop artist & TV personality
- Yetta Kurland, Esq., civil rights attorney, candidate for NYC council & talk radio show host
- *Andrea Alton as Molly "Equality" Dykeman, Actor/Writer/Producer at Molly Dykeman Productions; member, SAG/AFTRA
- Jason Hellinger, director of digital media & events, Inked Magazine; nightlife promoter & personality
- King Ralphy, Multi-label Recording Artist, Promoter, DJ (resident DJ at Radio FG USA), M.C., Publicist, Social Networking Director, Marketing & Promotions Director
- *Jay Edwards, Mr. Stonewall Cub 2011 - 2012
- JC Alvarez, Nightlife Editor Edge Media Network; writer/producer personality; on-air host, Talking About and Out Loud & Live
- *DJ Steve Sidewalk, one of NYC's most-booked and in-demand DJs
- TAYLOR, Native American Indian Actor, Artist, and Poet (Featured in The Brave One, The Other Guys, The Backup Plan, Gossip Girl, Law & Order: SVU & Blue Bloods)
- *Cisco Perez, singer, actor, lyricist, and aspiring playwright; member of the Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance (BAAD). He will be auctioned off with his fiancée, Luis A. Cruz (as a couple).
- Scott Wooledge, Front Page Blogger for The Daily Kos, Magazine Industry Professional, LGBT Activist, Netroots Impressario
- Michael J. D. Warner, Group G3 founder, entrepreneur, ex-Wall Street tycoon & go-go dancer!
- *Tym Moss, musician, actor, producer, & radio show host
- Rob Ordonez, international fashion/lifestyle/portrait/animal photographer, actor, and Mr. Paddles 2013
- Sue Sena, president & co-founder, Swish
- Jenna Fox, international activist; author; SAG/AFTRA actor, director, and producer; award-winning recording artist; founder of The "bird-e" E-watch; TV/radio personality; co-founder, Celebrity Donate A Day Campaign; founder, STOP! Gender & Sexual Violence Campaign; and DJ
- Tee Star, counselor, youth advocate & community activist
- *Lady Clover Honey, a Lady with an abundance of sweetness, a versatile entertainer with a spicy side to her, and correspondent to Under The Pink Carpet
- *Yuhua Hamasaki, glam & fierce drag entertainer, reigning Miss Fire Island & Miss Stonewall
- *Laritza Dumont, LGBTQ activist, NYC's #1 Latin Bombshell, Hostess at The Monster, and SAG/AFTRA member (Sex In The City, To Wong Foo, Law & Order, Sopranos)
- *Diva Jackie Dupree, drag performer, vocal/recording artist, and record label producer
- *Spicky Hilton, drag performer and vocal artist
* Denotes performance by the auctionee during the Cocktail hour, VIP hour and/or the main event/auction.
The Valentine's Vamp will be held at Club Rebel, 251 West 30th Street in Manhattan (between 7th & 8th avenues).
The Valentine's Vamp will benefit the new Bronx LGBTQ Center in The Bronx, which is in the process of raising the funds required to open in a new space. Please contact email@example.com for more information, or call (914) 417-9579.
Please Note: This information is subject to change at any time .
When & Where
The LGBTQ Community Services Center of The Bronx, Inc.
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Community Services Center of The Bronx, Incorporated (the "Bronx LGBTQ Center") is a new 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization founded in The Bronx whose purpose is to provide a safe space for all LGBTQ individuals in The Bronx and surrounding areas to meet, gather, socialize, and receive support and services from other organizations; to conduct outreach and provide educational programs for its members, the community-at-large, and the public; and to advocate on behalf of issues important to the LGBTQ community.
We are diligently working toward raising the funds necessary to secure an operating space and begin serving the needs of our communities within The Bronx and surrounding areas. The monies raised by our events will be used in furtherance of our mission, which is stated in the first paragraph.
We are actively seeking people who are interesting in helping us serve the community and need as much help as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to help out, or call him at 914-417-9579.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. WHY ARE TICKETS SO EXPENSIVE?
A. These events are fundraisers, not just a party for everyone to attend. In order to raise the monies required to build and operate a new community services center that will serve the needs of the LGBTQ community, we need to bring in the money required for us to do so. We must cover all of our expenses and then pull in additional money to ensure our operational survival.
It will take approximately $100,000 - $250,000 to open and fund a new center for one year, and that is the amount of money we're seeking to raise before opening in a new space. This does not include any payments to employees; it is just for rent, utilities, equipment, and other expenses in beginning to provide services to the community, which are all additional expenses that must be paid for, as well.
Q. WHO IS GETTING THE MONEY?
A. The money goes to the newly-incorporated Bronx Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Community Services Center, Incorporated; the corporate entity that was formed in order to set up and run the new community services center in The Bronx, whose mission statement is printed above. All funds will be used in furtherance of the Bronx LGBTQ Center's mission.
Q. IS THE CENTER REGISTERED?
A. Yes, we are a registered New York State Not-For-Profit corporation with 501(c)3 tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service, governed by all the applicable laws of such non-profit organizations operating in New York State.
Q. WHY IS THERE NO SPACE?
A. We are a brand-new organization formed after the fall of the old Bronx Community Pride Center. No one from the old Bronx Pride Center is involved with our new organization. We are currently in the midst of raising the funds required to open in a new space, which as describe above required between $100-$250k.
Q. HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED/HELP OUT?
A. Contact us here on this page (send us a message), e-mail email@example.com or call (347) LGBT-BX-1
Q. WHAT'S THIS ABOUT MEMBERSHIPS?
A. The new Bronx LGBTQ Center is a membership-based organization. Individuals and Families can purchase a membership in the new center, which gives them the right to vote during annual membership meetings. More information about Memberships, pricing, types, levels, and amounts will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.
*POSTPONED* Due to the inclement weather, the increased snowfall prediction, and the state of emergency declared by Gov. Cuomo, the venue won't be able to open in time for us to hold our Valentine's Vamp tomorrow evening.
We are in the midst of securing a new date, which will be within the next two or three weeks. Please stay tuned as we keep you posted.
STORM UPDATE: At this point we are proceeding with the event. If Mike Bloomberg declare a state of emergency, the event will be postponed. Otherwise, we'll see everyone tomorrow evening!
Use promotional code 15forLGBTQ to save $15 on tickets!
From 6pm Friday thru 6am Monday, use code 60hourSALE to get 40% off tickets! (codes are case-sensitive)
King Ralphy and Rob Ordonez have just joined to support our cause. Buy your tickets now so you'll be able to bid to take one of them or 30 other awesome members of the NYC LGBTQ community out to dinner!
It has come to our attention that there are questions floating around about what we intend to do with the money we plan on raising from various events we're holding in November and beyond. Here are our answers to the most common of these questions:
Q. WHAT IF I CAN'T AFFORD TO ATTEND?
A. If you wish to attend the event but can't afford to purchase a ticket at full price, please contact Peter at 914-417-9579 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work something out with you.
Additionally, from time to time, special sales will be announced, where a discount will be offered on the price of tickets purchased. This information will be announced via our Facebook page, which you can view at http://facebook.com/BronxLGBTQcenter.
Q. WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RAISE MONEY?
A. In order to raise the funds required to build and operate a new community services center that will serve the needs of the LGBTQ community, we need to bring in as much money as possible. We must cover all of our expenses and then pull in additional money.
It will take approximately $60,000 - $100,000 to open and fund a new center for one year, and that is the amount of money we're seeking to raise before opening in a new space.
Q. WHO IS GETTING THE MONEY?
A. The money goes to the newly-incorporated Bronx Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Community Services Center, Incorporated; the corporate entity that was formed in order to set up and run the new community services center in The Bronx.
Q. IS THE CENTER REGISTERED?
A. Yes, we are a registered New York State Not-For-Profit corporation seeking 501(c)3 exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service, governed by all the applicable laws of such non-profit organizations operating in New York State. The Charities Bureau of the New York State Attorney General's Office also has authority over us, as a New York State Not-For-Profit corporation.
Q. HOW DO WE KNOW YOU WILL USE THE MONEY YOU'RE RAISING FOR THE REASONS YOU STATE?
A. In addition to the oversight of the New York State Attorney General's Charities Bureau, current dues-paid members of the new Bronx LGBTQ Center may attend all meetings of the organization's board of directors, and will even be given an opportunity to address the board at the end of each meeting. There is much greater oversight afforded to the community in the operation and governance of our new Center.
Q. WHY IS THERE NO SPACE?
A. We are a brand-new organization formed after the fall of the old Bronx Community Pride Center. No one from the old Bronx Pride Center is involved with our new organization. We are currently in the midst of raising the funds required to open in a new space, which as describe above required between $60-$100k.
Q. HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED/HELP OUT?
A. Contact us here on this page (send us a message), e-mail email@example.com, or call (347) LGBT-BX-1.
Q. WHAT'S THIS ABOUT MEMBERSHIPS?
A. The new Bronx LGBTQ Center is a membership-based organization. There are varying levels of membership: Individuals, Families, and other Organizations (including Businesses) can purchase a membership in the new Bronx LGBTQ Center, which gives members the right to vote during annual membership meetings (to elect the Board of Directors, as well as other matters that may come up for a vote by the membership), as well as other rights, such as the right to attend meetings of the board of directors.
A provision is including for members of the community who are unable to pay the annual membership dues who wish to become members of the new Center. More information about Memberships, pricing, types, levels, and amounts can be found in our membership brochure, which can be downloaded from http://goo.gl/jpKKZ.
Q. CAN I TAKE A TAX DEDUCTION IF I CONTRIBUTE MONEY TOWARD YOUR ORGANIZATION?
A. Generally speaking, the answer is yes but you should consult with a professional tax preparer or your accountant. We have filed our 501(c)3 exempt status application with the Internal Revenue Service, and current IRS rules do allow you to deduct contributions made to us as charitable donations. But again, speak with your tax preparer and/or accountants.
Q. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR EVENTS?
A. You can view a list of all upcoming events being held by the Bronx LGBTQ Center at http://facebook.com/bronxlgbtqcenter/events