San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This class is designed to help mechanics set and maintain the Whirlwind and Megawind sweeper for the best operation. Setting of brooms and nozzles will be discussed with emphasis on safety, proper operation, maintenance, and repair.
Technicians will learn troubleshooting of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems related to sweeping functions. We will discuss use of and troubleshooting of the wandering hose and high pressure wash system.
- Vacuum Sweepers – identifying main components
- Sweeper Operation from the mechanic’s point of view
- Setting and Operating the Side and Center Brooms
- Setting and Operating the Nozzle(s)
- Impellers, Air System operation, impeller replacement, and repair
- Maintenance and Maintenance Schedule
- Hydraulic System
- Pneumatic System
- Electrical Systems
- Electronics and the Electronic Service Tool
- Water pumps and spray nozzles
- High pressure water and nozzles
- Operating the Wandering Hose and High Pressure Wash System
- Troubleshooting all sweeper systems
- Operating and emptying the Hopper
- Shared Power system
- Power Systems including the Tier 4 Final John Deere engine
Who should attend: New and experienced maintenance personnel and mechanics who want a better understanding of the Elgin vacuum sweeper line.
April 18-20, September 19-21