This 4 day class will give experienced mechanics operational information to confirm diagnosis, repair, maintenance and system troubleshooting. We will spend approximately half the time in the hands-on lab and the other half in a lecture setting. Mechanics will learn how to troubleshoot the rodder pump, hose reel, boom systems, vacuum systems (fan and PD), hydraulic (SEF fans), pneumatic and electrical/electronic systems using the Intelliview’s diagnostic screens.
Mechanics will disassemble the rodder pump, fan and transfer cases used in their Vactor units. The technicians will make a repair to the thermoplastic hose and test it. We will demonstrate the proper use of the flow meter and pressure gauge for water system diagnosis. This class will provide a basic introduction to the electronic control systems, the technician must take this class before the Advanced class.
- Basic operation for repair confirmation
- Understand Hose Reel, Rodder Pump, Boom and Intelliview function
- Intelliview for diagnostic assistance
- How to use the diagnostic manual
- How to manually override hydraulic and pneumatic functions
- Introduction to electrical/electronic troubleshooting, diagnostics and repairs
- Diagnose rodder pump problems and failures
- Rodder pump rebuild’
- Diagnose vacuum related problems
- Blower inspection and fan rebuild
- Hydraulic component identification
Who should attend: New and experienced mechanics or supervisory personnel that need to have a better understanding of Vactor 2100 Plus repair procedures and recommendations.
March 20-23, April 17-20, May 22-25, June 12-15, July 10-13, October 9-12