An Intimate User Experience Strategy Masterclass With Jaime Levy (10 students max!)
UX strategy is a process that should be started before the design or development of a digital product commences. It is a practice that when done empirically is a better guarantee of a successful digital product than just crossing your fingers, designing some wireframes, and then writing a bunch of code. It's the method by which you validate that your solution actually solves a problem for real customers in a dynamic marketplace. Take this masterclass to experience a deep dive into the subject matter with both lectures and hands-on exercises.
Date and time:
Friday October 14th, 2016 from 10:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Who should attend:
UX/UI practitioners of any level, product teams and managers, business executives, and startup founders that want to learn how to be more strategically sound in their process.
In this challenging, captivating and hands-on masterclass, you will learn:
- Why the empirical practice of user experience strategy is crucial for devising successful online products
- How to validate a real customer and their real problem to get to a real solution with market demand
- How to identify direct and indirect digital competitors of your value proposition
- How to collect and capture quantitative and qualitative data for doing thorough market research
- How to conduct a methodical analysis for narrowing in on a unique product and opportunity space
- How to use storyboarding for creating a narrative that focuses on a products’ value innovation and business model
- All attendees of the masterclass are welcome to a free hardcopy or ebook of Jaime's book UX Strategy.
- Having a laptop is highly recommended, but not required. You can work in teams of two on the exercises that require a laptop.
- Coffee, water and snacks will be provided.
- There will be a 45-minute break for lunch; attendees will find a plethora of amazing and affordable local restaurants in Little Tokyo at which to dine.
Jaime Levy is an author, professor and a user experience strategist.
Her new book is called UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products that People Want (O'Reilly Media 2015). It presents a solid framework on the practice, which lies at the intersection of UX design and business strategy. It is available on Amazon and at O’Reilly Media
For over 25 years, Jaime has been a pioneer in the creation of innovative digital products and services. Currently, she runs a UX design and strategy consultancy called JLR Interactive that is based in Los Angeles. She also teaches a graduate level course on UX design and strategy at the University of Southern California in the Viterbi School of Engineering.
Jaime speaks at design and innovation conferences worldwide and conducts public workshops and in-house training. You can find Jaime online at jaimelevy.com, follow her @jaimerlevy and read more about her on Wikipedia.
All tickets are non-refundable, but are transferable. If possible, please email to let us know of the name change so we can update the contact information.