Actions and Detail Panel
UWIB DC Presents: A Savvy Woman's Guide to Branding Yourself
Tue, April 4, 2017, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
We see examples of BRANDS everywhere: Apple. Hershey’s. L’Oréal. Nike.
Each of these brands have crafted their persona, learning their market and applying the best tactics to brand their image.
Join UWIB as we share with you personalized workshops to explore different avenues of brand ownership including: social media, photography and headshots, fashion advice, and just how far blogging can take you.
In a world saturated with possibilities, this event will be an extraordinary opportunity to meet several experts who know how to make a name for themselves and profit off of their own Brands.
- Sign-In: Networking, Appetizers, and Choice of Headshot- 6:30PM - 7:00PM
- Introduction: Key-Note Speaker Cori Sue Morris and Experts- 7:00PM - 7:15PM
- One Break-Off Workshop of Your Choice: 7:15PM - 8:00PM
- Closing Statements: From UWIB and Follow Up -8:00PM-8:30PM
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- Choice of ONE personal workshop on the following:
Blogging and Personal Branding:
- Key-note speaker Cori Sue Morris, co-founder of “Bitches Who Brunch,” will tell us all about her lifestyle blog and her book series The Hunt Guides.
- Learn the secrets to creating a successful blog and create a personal brand.
- Gain insight into the process, trials and tribulations, and ways to make blogging work-even with a full time job.
Digital and Photography:
- Work with De Lisa Patterson from De Lisa Carol, LLC photography to build a personalized headshot that captures your true personality.
- Headshots will be offered for free upon request. Pay after preview only if you wish to own it!
- Learn how to build and manage your image as a business owner and how to capture the essence of your brand with a photo, crafting the best website to showcase your talent, and how to use social media to connect with your audience effectively.
Fashion and Styling Advice:
- Learn from personal stylist Colleen Bayus about the importance of presentation as she shares her expertise in fashion and how she manages and operates her blog stylingbybayus.
- Colleen will showcase the best methods to attract the correct attention and how to use your personal presentation to secure your next big opportunity!
Branding Yourself in the Corporate World:
- Chintimini Keith, VP of Integrated Production from Edelman will speak to branding yourself in the corporate world.
- Learn how to market yourself and build latteral growth within your own company while showcasing talent for a different opportunity, new department, and how to use your personal strengths to benefit your professional talents.
How to get involved with UWIB:
Thank You to our Sponsors:
For any questions about this event, please contact:
Jessica Everhart: email@example.com
Liz MacLaughlin: firstname.lastname@example.org