Actions and Detail Panel
Uwharrie #tinytrucks Challenge Fall 2017
Sat, November 18, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
BowHouse RC, Big Creek Rocks, GCM Racing and the Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center (UORTC) are pleased to present the Uwharrie #tinytrucks Challenge, one of four events that we will be presenting in 2017. Building on the success of the GCM Adventure Series, the Uwharrie #tinytrucks Challenge will incorporate a combination of trail events and team challenges for an exciting day of tiny trucking!
The #tinytrucks Challenge will use the same tech scoring and gallery voting as GCM Adventure Series, combined with event scores for the trail and team challenges. We are planning an exciting afternoon of team challenges, including a team time trial, team winching, team wrenching, and more!
Teams will consist of 3-5 drivers and can either be organized before or at the event. If you are planning to come solo, no worries...we'll be happy help you find other solo drivers to team up with for the team events.
Our 2017 events:
4/29-4/30: GCM Adventure Series Uwharrie Spring Edition
6/10: Uwharrie #tintytrucks Challenge Spring Edition
9/23-24: GCM Adventure Series Uwharrie Fall Edition
11/18: Uwharrie #tintytrucks Challenge Fall Edition
Preliminary #tinytrucks Challenge Schedule (subject to change)
9:00a Tech-in, gallery open, vendor expo
10:00a Tech-in and gallery voting closed
10:30a Driver meeting
11:00a Trail courses open
1:00p Trail courses close
1:00-2:00p Lunch provided by the Outpost and vendor expo
2:00p-4:00p Team Challenge
4:30 Awards ceremony
GENERAL #tinytrucks CHALLENGE RULES
- Tires must be 4.75 inch or under to compete
- Bonus points for tires under 4.20"
- Individual course runs are not timed, but courses must be completed within 'opening' and 'closing' time for each course. Repairs, battery changes, etc. must be done in this same allotted time. Your rig must finish the course to get a score for the course.
- No hand of god on course or during team challenge events. You are encouraged to use winches, tow ropes, or help from another truck (in a scale manner) help you recover.
You will get 1 point for each of the following:
1. 5+ NON functional items
2. 3+ Actual FUNCTIONING items
3. Frame mounted steering servo
4. Functional transfer case
5. 3D engine in vehicle
6. Driver with visible legs AND feet
7. Total Tire Tuck
8. Opening and closing body panel
- Gallery votes from your peers will be recorded in the following categories: Best Old Look Truck, Best New Look Truck, Best Engine Bay, Best Scale Accessory, Best Interior, Best Driver, Best Paint/Weathering, Best Detail, Best Metal Work, Best of Show #tinytrucks
- Your truck must start at least 1 trail to be eligible for gallery award
- Peer gallery votes for each truck will count toward the overall event score for that truck and your team. So even if you don't win an award, the votes you receive from your peers will count!