Thursday, August 21, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (MDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Utah Valley Academic Strategies for the Challenging Educational Needs of Diverse Students (UVASCENDS) is a FREE "blastoff" program designed to help connect our Multicultural students to the resources and services offered at UVU, every Fall semester.
- UVASCENDS offers students experiential team exercises, cultural, academic, diversity-coping, motivational, career planning, and UVU resource workshops in a fear-free, informal environment.
- ALL Cultural Diversity scholarship recipients, new/transfer students, as well as continuing multicultural students are REQUIRED to attend this event.
When & Where
Utah Valley University - Multicultural Student Services
Multicultural Student Services facilitates student success by fostering and sustaining an inclusive campus community, where the dignity, worth, identities, and cultures of every individual are validated and respected. We encourage students to engage in a serious academic journey while cultivating a campus atmosphere conducive to safe learning and well-being.
- Actively seek opportunities for effective and collegial collaboration with internal and external partners, in order to offer the best resources for advancement, as well as leadership opportunities, to current and potential students.
- Recognize, validate, embrace, share, and celebrate the group and individual characteristics of our students, particularly those from historically underrepresented populations, while encouraging them to effectively navigate different paths for success.
- Actively participate in recruiting and outreach efforts to invite potential students, particularly those from historically underrepresented populations, to enjoy the benefits of engaging as UVU students.
- Continually provide advising and other support services to guide students through their educational journey toward program and/or goal completion.