Actions and Detail Panel
Utilising the Ofsted framework for school improvement :A practical approach
Thu, March 23, 2017, 9:30 AM – 3:45 PM GMT
This course focus on 'Leadership & Management' and 'Teaching & Learning' and is aimed at PRIMARY SCHOOL SENIOR LEADERS.
This course explores the 'why' behind the Ofsted framework. What constitutes 'outstanding leadership' and 'outstanding teaching'? How does this link to research and the national picture? Ofsted visit thousands of schools each week - how can we use this knowledge to consider what best practice looks like? This is not simply a course aimed at being 'Ofsted ready', but instead explores how we can use the framework, inspection outcomes and our knowledge of accountability measures in raising standards in a practical, day-to-day and longer term basis. It provides a structured approach to critically reflecting on the school's current position. Delegates leave with a deeper knowledge of the Ofsted framework set in a context of wider school improvement, ideas for development, and resources that can be used with governors, middle leaders and teachers.
- Understanding the most cited areas for improvement in Ofsted reports. What are the challenges? Why are these the common areas for improvement? What can we learn from this? How does it relate to our school?
- How to develop distributed leadership and involve leaders at all levels in contributing to accurate and rigorous school evaluation.
- How can leaders at all levels influence the quality of teaching and have impact on pupil outcomes?
- What tools can we use to support colleagues in 'reflecting on and debating the way we teach'.
- Practical advice and guidance for inspections.
A local headteacher will be sharing with participants their recent experience of an Ofsted inspection at the end of the day.
"Really focused my thinking in moving the school forward. Great ideas to use in staff meetings." Headteacher
"A thoroughly enjoyable day with an enthusiastic trainer and fabulous resources." Assistant Headteacher
"Lovely atmosphere. Superb trainer. Great subject knowledge. Really worthwhile." Deputy Headteacher
"Excellent delivery and resources. Extremely helpful to be able to take the resources away too." Headteacher
"Totally usable resources to take back to school and use with staff. I'm leaving with a plan for a teaching and learning day!" Deputy Headteacher
Contact : email@example.com