Actions and Detail Panel
Using the Business Model Canvas for Strategic Thinking
Thu, March 23, 2017, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM CDT
You will learn in many places that having a business plan is essential to success. Often, however, even if you have a template, it is hard to figure out where to start in building your plan. In addition, once you have a business plan it is all too easy to leave it on a shelf and not use it to manage your business strategy as you try to meet the challenges of a changing marketplace and competitive landscape. This session will introduce you to a tool and techniques for inventing your business model and keeping it up-to-date and in the forefront of all of your business decision-making.
1. Understanding what a Business Model is and how it works.
2. Understanding the Business Model Canvas and how to use it.
3. Understanding the nine parts of a Business Model and how they relate to each other.
4. Understanding how a Business Model relates to a Business Plan
5. Group techniques for working with the Business Model Canvas
Date and Time
UTSA Downtown Campus (Durango Building, 2.316)
501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd.
Small Business Development Center - Durango Building, 2.316
San Antonio, Texas 78207