This is an active workshop where you will have time to work on your own course with the help of instructional designers, so please bring your own laptop or email firstname.lastname@example.org if need us to provide you one.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe different ways to assign students into groups and teams
- Describe social loafing and strategies to avoid social behavior is group work
- Describe characteristics of group work that encourage equitable participation
- Set up groups in ELMS
- Set up a group assignment in ELMS
- Create a Discussion Board group assignment
- Explain the value of and how to create clear guidelines for student online discussions
- Integrate collaboration tools such as Google Docs, blogs, and wikis
Attending this workshop fufills a requirement for the Launch program.
This event is only open to faculty, students, and staff of the University of Maryland.