San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
As the owner of a tourism-based business, do you ever wonder …
- how can I use social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to increase people’s awareness of my business—locals and tourists?
- how can I get my local newspaper to cover an upcoming event?
- how do I connect with a Maine or national travel magazine?
We can help you unravel the mysteries of dealing with media!
Hilary Nangle (a.k.a. Maine Travel Maven), a resident Mainer and travel writer specializing in her home state, will be leading this interactive workshop that will give you the information you need to make media work for you and help you grow your business including:
- Raising your business profile and increasing awareness through social media
- Sharing news—and deciding what news is versus creating interest
- How to identify travel versus other media opportunities
- Telling your story and finding the right people to help you get your story out to the public
- Identifying who you want to reach (print/online; local, regional, national, targeted) and determining who is interested in what
- Opening the conversation and ways to reach out through social media, press materials (e.g., releases, calendar notices, fact sheets), invitations, hosting
- Hosting a travel writer and how to make his or her visit productive
Save This Event
When & Where
The Katahdin Tourism Partnership
Organized in 2011, the Katahdin Tourism Partnership (KTP) assists the MaineDOT in the development of the Katahdin Woods & Waters Scenic Byway, with the mission to create a world-class visitor experience that will strengthen the tourism industry in the greater Katahdin region and stimulate the local economy.
In 2012, the KTP designated three strategic areas as priorities: tourism business and product development, marketing and market research, and Byway-centric infrastructure development. Recent programs and projects have included an Outdoor Recreation Planning Charrette, Maine Woods Tourism Training workshops, annual visitor surveys, Katahdin Woods & Waters Scenic Byway Visitor Brochure, multi-town road repair request of the MaineDOT, and a Trails & Recreational Access Conference.