Friday, October 18, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, CA
The conference about keeping your customers (happy).
The first and only event of its kind focused completely on understanding and helping your customers. No thought leaders. No product pitches. Just customers.
For user-centric people—customer service managers and agents, community managers, operations, and even founders & product managers—who are passionate about doing the kind of work that earns kudos from customers every day.
To make things even better, UserConf 2013 is hosted at the San Francisco Zoo! Enjoy the focus of being away from SF proper and then an awesome afterparty...IN the Lion House!
- Andrew Spittle of Automattic (makers of WordPress.com)
- Sonya Green of Github
- Aaron Wheeler of Moz
- James Rogers of Causes
- Jeff Vincent of Wistia
- And more!
- 24/7 support with a remote team
- Customer service analytics: from A to Z
- Getting developers to actually act on customer feedback
- Scaling through in-app help instead of hiring
- Why startups should do phone support (& how to do it cheaply)
- And more!
3p-6p: UserVoice training & case studies @ UserVoice HQ