Anyone can conduct effective user research. You just need to know how.
Your company might still believe there’s not enough time or money to do research right. Or maybe you lack professional researchers on your team. Or you’re new to user research and need to gain confidence and experience. Don’t let those issues stop you. The User Research for Everyone one-day virtual conference will show how to succeed with research that leads to products users want to use, buy, and recommend to friends.
RichmondUX has hosted three previous Rosenfeld Media virtual conferences, all at the Gather RVA downtown location. Though we love hosting events at Gather, the largest space available allows only 40 attendees. Based on past interest in these virtual conferences as well as last October's "User Research in the Age of the Customer," we felt a change in venue would make sense. Thanks to United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) for opening up their main conference space for us, allowing us to double the number of possible attendees!
- 10-10:45am: Just Enough Research with Erika Hall
- 11-11:45am: The Right Research Method For Any Problem (And Budget) with Leah Buley
- Noon-12:45pm: How to Find and Recruit Amazing Participants for User Research with Nate Bolt
- 1-1:45pm: Do-It-Yourself Usability Testing Discussion/Q&A Session with Steve Krug and Laura Klein
- 2-2:45pm: Creating a Virtuous Cycle: The Research and Design Feedback Loop with Julie Stanford
- 3-3:45pm: Making Sense of Research Findings with Abby Covert
- 4-4:45pm: Infectious Research with Cindy Alvarez
Who should attend
- Designers: Incorporate user research to confirm where your concept works and where it doesn’t.
- Product managers: Use research to improve adoption rates and reduce expensive and time-consuming product rebuilds.
- Engineers and developers: Learn how end users interact with products so you can make smarter decisions that improve usability.
- Managers: Use research to save time and money and help cross-functional teams get the biggest bang for the buck to make remarkable products.
- Teams: Spend the day learning together so you can collaborate to integrate research more easily into your product design process.
- ...and (of course) user researchers: Brush up on the basics, or get up to speed if you're new to the field.
What you'll get
- 6 practical, comprehensive presentations from some of the best-known user research experts on the planet
- Q&A sessions with each expert following their presentation
- Lifetime access anytime with streaming and downloadable files
- Free 30-day trial to UIE’s All You Can Learn Library
Parking is located across the street in the gravel lot on Jackson Street between N. 3rd and N. 4th Streets ($7 for all day parking). Alternatively, there is some all-day free street parking within a few blocks of UNOS.
Badges are required on premises, and we will print them in advance. Arrival and check-in details will be provided prior to the event.