USDA Microloan -- A New Finance Option for Farms and Ranches
Thursday, June 27, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
Slow Money SoCal Special Event: USDA MicroLoan Presentation
- Maximum loan amount of $35,000
- Funds for any operating expense
- A low interest rate, currently at 1.375%
- An application that's citizen-friendly, reduced to 7 pages from 30
- Some experience required and allows credit for farm internships, small business experience, specialized education or a guided apprenticeship.
When & Where
Slow Money SoCal
Slow Money is a movement and national nonprofit organization that catalyzes investments in local food systems. In over 15 local networks across the North America, entrepreneurs, investors, foodies, and localization activists have joined forces to rebuild the economics of local food and agriculture.
Slow Money SoCal's Mission:
- To build a diverse Southern California community focused on aligning our money and our values through investing in local, sustainable food businesses.
- To inspire and educate people about the connected nature of investing and food system change.
- To catalyze new and democratic opportunities for investment in businesses that yield a sustainable food system for all.
Join our discussions and connect with others at our LinkedIn Group.