US Coast Guard Leadership & Managerial Skills Course
The Marine Leadership Group and INLEACO, Inc. are please to offer this USCG approved course for all officers at the management level as follows:
- Chief mate or master of 500 gross tonnage or more (II/2)
- Second engineer officer or chief engineer officer (III/2)
Please note: When you take the Leadership and Managerial Skills Training course, participants also qualify for the Leadership and Teamworking skills course. You get both qualifications when taking this one course.
To meet the standards for USCG approval, our program follows the requirements as set out in Tables A-II/2, A-III/2 and A-III/6 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) which now incorporates the Manila amendments.
The course meets all the latest mandatory requirements for approved training in leadership and management at the management level for the USCG and the standards of competence to be achieved as well as the associated assessments/tasks. It satisfies the STCW requirements as amended in 2010 for Leadership and Management Skills Training at the Management Level for deck and engineering officers.
This training is a pre-requisite for a management level Certificate of Competency (CoC) issued by the USCG upon meeting the requirements of Regulation II/2 and III/2.
Students will be able to control the operation of the ship and care for persons on board at the management level through the use leadership and managerial skills to ensure that:
* The crew are allocated duties and informed of expected standards of work and behaviour in a manner appropriate to the individuals concerned
* Training objectives and activities are based on assessment of current competence and capabilities and operational requirements;
* Operations are planned and resources are allocated as needed in correct priority to perform the necessary tasks;
* Communication is clearly and unambiguously given and received;
* Effective leadership behaviours are demonstrated;
* Necessary team member(s) share an accurate understanding of current and predicted vessel state and operational status and external environment;
* Decisions are most effective for the situation;
* Operations are demonstrated to be effective and in accordance with applicable rules.
For crew members who want to take leadership training for personal and professional development, but are not masters or engineers, we have specific workshops for you no matter your position or rank. Take a look at the workshops we offer and sign up today. If there are any questions about those courses, please contact us at email@example.com