The U.S. EPA’s SF6 Emission Reduction Partnership for Electric Power Systems is hosting a special technical workshop on SF6 emission reduction strategies.
- Managing an SF6 Gas Inventory: Best Management Practices
- Equipment Options for Leak Detection, Monitoring, and Repair
- Personnel Training: SF6 Gas Handling
- SF6 Emission Reduction Partnership—Program Update
- State and Federal Policy Developments
- January 23: Registration in the evening
- January 24: Full day—Registration in the morning and presentations
- January 25: Half day—Presentations until 11:30 am; Site Tour with SF6 Partner Pacific Gas and Electric Company from 12-3 pm
Registration is now open for the 2017 Workshop!
Registration Fee- $120
Registration fee plus Site Tour- $170
Please join SF6 Partner, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), on a tour of our San Mateo Substation. The tour will cover safety considerations for the tour, federal and state SF6 compliance requirements as they pertain to Electric Substations. PG&E will provide a tour that will cover the sites Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS), as well as SF6 Cylinder weighing. San Mateo Substation is a NERC certified facility so space is limited to 35 participants. The cost for the site tour is $50, and includes lunch. The site tour will take place after the workshop events are complete on January 25.
The host hotel for the 2017 EPA SF6 Workshop will be the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport Waterfront Hotel. We have reserved a discounted block of rooms at a group rate of $219 plus tax. Room reservations must be made by Friday, December 23 to qualify for our discounted rate.
Instructions on booking the room:
- Call 800-EMBASSY (362-2779) and request the reservation by unique code EPA or ask for the EPA SF6 Emission group rate.
- Book your hotel room online:
- Fill in all the information requested (i.e., arrival and departure dates)
- Select the Link that says "Add Special Rate Code"
- An Additional drop down screen appears, and in the "Group Code" Box type in: EPA
- Click "Check rooms and rates" and your group information populates for them to book.
We will have exhibitor tables in the room adjacent to the workshop room. If you are interested in exhibiting at the workshop, please register through the Exhibitor Registration option on the registration page. The fee to exhibit is $150. Please email to Electricpower-SF6@icf.com