Any small business owner or entrepreneur with a relevant question will be able to sign up for office hours. Appointments must be made in advance. No walk-ins accepted. If space is available, community nonprofit organizations may also participate. Please make sure you receive an appointment confirmation before attending.
• Next Session •
Wednesday, February 17
West Bay Conference Center
1290 Fillmore Street Suite 107
San Francisco, CA 94115
At Legal Office Hours, small business owners and entrepreneurs can make appointments with Urban Solutions to receive the following legal services:
- Appointment with a lawyer from Hanson Bridgett LLP about your business legal issue, and
- Appointment with a lawyer from Legal Services for Entrepreneurs for referrals to other resources for your business legal issue.
What to Expect
During your appointment, Hanson Bridgett lawyers will be available to discuss your business transactions, common legal terms used in the business world, and the impact of your business decisions on your legal rights and obligations. You can raise questions concerning:
- Leasing Terms, Negotiation, and Renegotiation (tenant’s rights, right to terminate, option to renew)
- Entity Formation (forming a corporation or limited liability company)
- Contract Terms and Negotiation (scope of work, limiting liability, right to terminate)
- Employment Issues (hiring and firing personnel, working as an independent contractor)
After your appointment, attorneys from Legal Services for Entrepreneurs will be available to offer the following services:
- Referrals to LSE programs that provide legal training and free legal assistance on an ongoing basis
- Referrals to other legal service providers, including immigration, employment, and civil rights organizations
- Referrals to moderate-fee attorneys who can help you with your business needs.
Urban Solutions first offered Legal Office Hours in 2010. Funding support for Legal Office Hours is made possible during 2013-14 by the Community Development Block Grant program, Cathy Bank Foundation, Citi, and Wells Fargo.
NOTE: Attorneys cannot discuss threatened or pending litigation or draft your legal documents.
Hanson Bridgett attorneys are available on a pro bono basis to Urban Solutions clients during the scheduled Legal Office Hours appointment only, unless the attorney indicates otherwise in writing. Urban Solutions requests that you do not share the contact information of Hanson Bridgett attorneys with others for any reason. If legal advice is required outside of Legal Office Hours, please call 415-553-4433 ext. 101 and resource assistance will be provided.