San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
On August 2 Calvary will be partnering with Hunting Park United for their Hunting Park Family Fun & Fitness Day. Calvary will be volunteering with the dental van and numerous park activities!
The event will include:
Triathlon (scaled down, fun, & for the whole family!)
- Resource Fair
Live Entertainment / Music
and much more!
ALL VOLUNTEER INFO:
- There are 2 shifts, 7:00am-11:30am to help with the triathlon or 11:30am-3:30pm for the festival
- Transportation will NOT be provided
- There is no “official” carpool, but if you would like to ride together with others or follow someone down to Hunting Park, meet at Calvary's steeple entrance an hour before the start of your shift
- Parking lots in the park will be closed off so please park near farmer's market or on Old York Road. More information will follow
- Dress- please do not wear the Calvary fingerprint shirts; we want to fit in, not stand out. It's going to be a hot day so dress appropriately for the weather
- When you arrive for your shift meet at the rec center for the triathalon volunteers or the dental van for festival volunteers
- Assignments will be given upon arrival
- We will provide bottled water
- Flexibility is key!!
We are representing Hunting Park United, not Calvary Church
People will not know us as Calvary Church. With that in mind, we need to be respectful to how Hunting Park United runs things and what they want their presence to be in the community. They “live” in this community and are trying to build lasting relationships with the people in the area. This is not an evangelism trip in the way Calvary has done things in the past. We need to spread the love of Jesus, not by our words, but by our actions. Just talking to and playing with the kids and people in the community will go a long way. We want people to see us as part of the community, not as outsiders.
Flexibility will be key on Saturday
This is our second event with Hunting Park United. Everyone is bringing their own expectations and ideas to the day so it could look very different than we all envisioned once we get there. How you volunteer or what you end up doing may be different than what you signed up for. We have to follow the lead from the people running the event. If you have any questions, need clarification, or have concerns, please find me (Karen). I will do her best to get things cleared up and resolved for you.
Volunteer Positions with Descriptions
Triathlon Volunteer 7:00am-11:30am
- Volunteer from 7:00am-11:30 am
- Manning the thriathlon area to keep the participants safe, cheer them on, and hand out water
Park Activity Volunteer 11:30am-3:30pm
- Children's activities (kite flying, outdoor twister, obstacle course, face painting, etc...)
- Food prep / distribution
- Set up / Clean up
When & Where
For additional information or questions please contact Karen Peazzoni at firstname.lastname@example.org.