Actions and Detail Panel
Urban Challenges: Fringe Solutions
Tue 13 June 2017, 09:30 – 13:30 CEST
Join us in Brussels on 13 June to find out more on how Urban Challenges can find a solution in the fringe of city centres.
The EUROCITIES project ‘Edge-of-Centre Transformation’ and URBACT III network ‘sub>urban. Reinventing the fringe’ have been working together with local stakeholders in 15 cities. The 2 networks have built up expertise in urban development projects and local action plans in the Urban-Fringe areas. The networks’ partners are Amsterdam, Antwerp, Baia Mare, Barcelona Metropolitan Area, Brno, Casoria, Düsseldorf, Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Nacka, Oslo, Solin, Stockholm and Vienna.
With the EU Urban Agenda currently in focus, we have the pleasure to invite European, national and local leaders and practitioners. The conference ‘Urban Challenges: Fringe Solutions’ will be held at Norway House, Schumann Place, Brussels on 13 June 2017 from 9.00 am to 1.30 pm.
The program includes:
- An introduction and wider policy recommendations presented by the Vice Mayors of Antwerp and Oslo;
- A talk of the Flemish Chief Architect, linking the topic to sustainable use of land;
- Conclusions of the EUROCITIES Edge-of-Centre Transformation project and midterm conclusion of the URBACT sub>urban network;
- Good practices and projects from 3 European cities;
- A debate discussing the role of the European and local level.
Participants will be invited to stay for a buffet lunch, to continue discussions with members of the networks, cities and invited guests and experts.