Actions and Detail Panel
Upper Tampa Bay Chamber Leadership Seminar Series
Mon, April 3, 2017, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM EDT
Mark McCatty, a Leadership & Team Advisor, will be presenting a leadership seminar series in cooperation with the Upper Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce. This seminar is designed to share leadership insights with organization and team leaders. Together we will explore both individual and team leadership with a focus on increasing influence and gaining more commitment from others. Discover more at McCatty.com
Session 1: Leadership Tips from Simon Sinek
Organizations succeed or fail because of their level of leadership. In this session, Mark McCatty will provide a model for understanding how organizations work. The model will help leaders assess where possible areas of weakness might be and it will provide greater insight for where improvement actions may be taken.
Session #1 Deliverables:
- Provide a model for organization effectiveness that is standard for all organizations.
- Provide an easy way to assess improvement areas in your business.
- Listen to Simon Sinek explain 2 fundamental characteristics of good leadership.
Session 2: Teamwork and Team Success
More and more business rely on the effort of people working together. These groups must act together in alignment – and without drama – if the business goals are to be met. In this session we will review the differences between those teams that succeed and those that don’t. We’ll review key traits that all successful teams and committees must have to sustain success.
Session #2 Deliverables:
- Define the environments and culture required for organizational successes
- Create a clear understanding of effective and ineffective team behaviors.
- Identify sources for possible team failures.
Session 3: Gaining Commitment from Others
In the absence of commitment there is only trouble. A lack of commitment is one of the common complaints of managers across the country. In this session we will look for common obstacles to commitment and explore different communication strategies for finding common ground with others.
Session #3 Deliverables:
- Provide a understanding for the value of working toward commitment.
- Review the power that comes from aligned effort.
- Look at 2 different communication models designed to promote greater commitment.
Session 4: Conflict Communications; Keeping Communications Positive
Conflict is a regular part of a managers work life. For that matter, it is a part of life, in general. So understanding how to respond to conflict is an important skill for anyone in leadership. In this session we will examine some of the common causes of conflict. And we’ll develop a working knowledge for ways to respond to conflict in a way that provides positive outcomes and improvements.
Session #4 Deliverables:
- Review some basic rules for good communication.
- Discuss tool for keeping communication positive.
- Examine 2 options for responding to conflict.
Session 5: Influence: The Impact of DISC on Our Style
The DISC assessment is a widely used assessment. It provides insight into the motivations, needs, and tendencies for ourselves and others. As such, understanding your personal DISC, and the DISC of those you lead is essential for effective influence. In this session you will review your personal DISC results. [DISC assssment included in admission.] And together we will review the impact of DISC on leadership style choices.
Session #5 Deliverables:
- Examine the DISC personality model.
- Review your individual DISC results and define areas of interpersonal strengths and limitations.
- Understand how to use your DISC results to improve your influence with others.