Purpose: Clinical Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists are continually challenged to find ways to stay up-to-date on the most current evidence-based information to meet the needs of their patients.
This interactive program will feature local and national speakers with expertise in Endoscopy and Gastroenterology. During the didactic session, critical updates in inflammatory bowel disease, advanced endoscopy, ERCP, Hepatitis C and additional areas of interest to the practicing gastroenterologist will be discussed. The comprehensive agenda is expected to be attractive to gastroenterologists and assistants from the greater Kansas City region and surrounding states.
Target Audience: This conference is designed for gastroenterologists, endoscopists, internists, nurses , fellows, residents, and GI/Endoscopy assistants.
Global Objectives: At the completion of this activity, learners will be able to:
1. Discuss treatment options for IBD.
2. Incorporate the newest knowledge regarding Hepatitis C into their practice.
3. Recognize the efficacy of endoscopic options to treat obesity.
4. Discuss evaluation and management of hereditary colon cancer, early esophageal cancer.
5. Discuss evaluation of bile duct strictures.
6. Discuss the techniques to improve cannulation of the bile duct.
7. Understand high resolution manometry.
8. Manage gluten enteropathies and gastrointestinal AVMs in clinical practice.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Missouri State Medical Association through the joint providership of Institute for International Medicine (INMED) and Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City. The Institute for International Medicine is accredited by the Missouri State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Institute for International Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of the participation in the activity.
Saint Luke’s Health System is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
5.0 contact hours
Please visit the 2016 Updates in Gastroenterology Confernece website for information regarding agenda, exhibits, location, and more.