For aspiring and existing apparel manufacturers, come join us to explore the rich world and the language of fabric- and leave with a greater understanding of how to choose, work with, and source fabrics for your designs. During this workshop we will take a deep dive into the following:
- Understanding the importance of the relationship between fabric and product, and how it impacts the success of a product line.
- The required vernacular around the ordering of quality references sample yardage and production yardage. Work those fabric vendors to get what you want and need!
- Avoiding the “required minimums” pitfalls
- A formula to help you successfully plan your fabric ordering to meet your sampling/production needs
- The ins + outs of developing custom prints + colors
- Discussing the process to properly request payment terms for fabric orders
- Dates + locations of the upcoming fabric shows
- Resources for sourcing
Presenter: Leo Rosario. Leo Rosario studied at FIT and has worked for over 25 years in the fashion industry, primarily in New York, for major labels including, Zero + Maria Cornejo, Isaac Mizrahi, Calvin Klein, and Ralph Lauren. Leo formerly taught Fabric and Fiber Technology and Introduction to Fashion Manufacturing at the San Francisco Academy of Art, and currently runs her own apparel production consultancy, Vida3.