Actions and Detail Panel
University of St Andrews' EPSRC IAA Showcase & Exhibition
Thu, March 16, 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:15 PM GMT
Discover the benefits of the vast array of St Andrews’ state-of-the-art scientific research at this FREE event
Visit the EPSRC IAA Showcase & Exhibition website for more details (http://epsrc-showcase.wp.st-andrews.ac.uk/).
The University of St Andrews presents a day of:
- researcher & industry partner presentations
- exhibits & demonstrations
- poster sessions
- networking & more
to demonstrate the range of our impact-generating research in the physical sciences which have benefited from EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account and Global Challenges Research Funds.
This is a chance to learn how research at St Andrews is changing the future in fields as diverse as:
- Sensing & electronics
- Advanced materials
- Energy & sustainability
- Culture & tourism includes a public premiere of virtual time travel in pre-reformation Edinburgh!
- Medical imaging, health & data analysis
We are committed to stimulating long-term strategic industrial engagement, to increase collaboration and to widen public outreach.
Some of the projects which will be highlighted on the day:
- Art explaining semiconductors
- Cancer recognition
- Cell tracking algorithms
- Cloud profiling radar
- Energy materials platform
- Environmental hazards monitoring
- Explosives detection
- Geothermal energy solutions
- Low-cost organic solar cells
- Millimetre antennas
- Muscle contraction sensor
- NMR management
- Novel drug tools for neglected diseases
- Single pixel imaging
- Synthesis of ultra-fine chemicals
- TADF emitters for electroluminescent devices
- Virtual Museums
- Virtual time travel in pre-reformation Edinburgh – PUBLIC PREMIERE
- Water pollutant detection
Funded by the EPSRC through the Impact Acceleration Account (IAA).
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) has been investing in the creation of economic and societal impact from its’ UK research portfolio since 2012, and has awarded generous funding to 33 Higher Education Institutions for this purpose.
The University of St Andrews has been awarded £1.47 million of funding from EPSRC Impact Accelerator Account over the period June 2012 to March 2017.
In addition EPSRC have allocated funding to the University of St Andrews from their Global Challenges Research Fund – this aims at producing benefits for developing countries who qualify for Overseas Development Assistance (ODA).