Actions and Detail Panel
Universal Yoga 22-Hour Immersion With Will Lau
Fri, Jul 7, 2017, 8:30 AM – Sun, Jul 9, 2017, 1:00 PM MYT
Join Universal Yoga 22-Hour Immersion With Will Lau on 9,10,11 February 2017 at iSpirit Asia Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Universal Yoga is the most complete yoga practice system that is available to the contemporary yoga world through the intelligent work of yoga Master Andrey Lappa. This 22-hr workshop will consist of universal yoga practice, theorem lectures and yoga sutra studies. The workshops are suitable for all levels of yoga practitioner, modifications will be offered for a variety of levels.
- Title: Universal Yoga 22-Hour Immersion With Will Lau
- Date: 7,8,9 July 2017 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Time: 8:30am to 6:45pm (Thursday & Friday), 8:30am to 1:00pm (Saturday)
- Venue: ISPIRIT ASIA (ONE SOUTH): B-5-12 One South Street Mall, Taman Serdang Perdana, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia (View Map)
- Organizer: Vikasa Yoga Penang
- Partner: www.iSpirit.asia & Yogavatar New Age Yoga
- Inquiries email: email@example.com
- Inquires contact: +60 12-405 6648
- REGISTER NOW
- Event Category: Yoga Workshop
- Language: English
- Presenter: Will Lau
- Duration: 3 days workshop
- Level: All levels
- Contents: Universal Yoga
- Certification: Students will receive official certificate of attendance from iSpirit Asia upon completion of the sessions.
- 7 July 2017 (Friday) 8:30am to 6:45pm
- 8 July 2017 (Saturday) 8:30am to 6:45pm
- 9 July 2017 (Sunday) 8:30am to 1:00pm
3 sessions of 120mins Universal Mandala Classes, 2 sessions of 75mins Universal short version class
- Universal Yoga is the most complete yoga practice system that is available to the contemporary yoga world through the intelligent work of yoga Master Andrey Lappa. It is based on the saptamayakosha system that is ancient in the vedic scriptures. The Universal Yoga system is a system that physically use a cross mat practice but more importantly adhere to the classical Ha-Tha Yoga practices that are described by Swatmarama who wrote the Hatha Yoga Pradipika from the 14th century. Universal Yoga classes address to all joint mobilities of the human asana body with awareness in positioning in 3-dimensional space with various levels of complexity of practice and usage of various types of vinyasas available to the practice. It aims to balance the “being” through various means of arms/legs/spine paring and pranayama practices as well as audio/visual control method in pratyahara practices. It allows for the full control of fluctuating mind to peace towards cessation (nirodha). It allows the being to be in a state of eveness or depth. It is the most effective and interesting practice available to the world market of yoga in modern day.
5 sessions of theorem classes
- Panchamayakosha theory. This is the foundation of the universal yoga style which is based on the ancient theory of the mayakosha (illusion layer) of the human being. It is a complete system that envelopes the yoga practice to address our physical body, energetics, emotions, psychointellectualogical thinking and deep karmic behaviours. The yogi aims to purify, balance and unify each of these layers and in between layers and with surrounding space. It is the most complete yoga practice built into a system that is in full relationship for all ancient vedic and buddhist teachings of the human being for the path to enlightenment.
- Asana logic is the quintessence of the master works of world renown yoga master Andrey Lappa, founder of the Universal Yoga system. This lecture will detail the full logical anatomy of all asana structures in a very easy to understand module for the beginner and advance practitioner. It is the most complete understanding of how asana works on the human body. It will be an indepth study by science of direction of mobility, orientation in space, movement in asana and also energetics of force within the asana practice. This kind of scientific approach will allow the practitioner to have clear understanding of how asana exerts its effect on the human body.
- Asana for the Arms and Legs PAIRING is the key essential to an effective and logical asana teaching and practice. It allows for full balancing of the physical and mental body of the practitioner to learn the wonderful logic to creative effective sequencing.
- Energetic Logic is the fundamental logic behind how hatha yoga as a science influences on the human body through the energetic body, nervous system as well as the endocrine system. All practitioners and teachers should know clearly how hatha yoga is having an influence on the body and what is the final goal of Hatha Yoga towards Raja Yoga.
- Creative Sequencing class is a case study to see how asana are being building up in a sequence through clear logic and effective sequencing. which will bring about foreseeable results by the practitioners and also by the teacher. A perfect case study towards proper sequencing in classes.
2 sessions of lectures on the yoga sutra
- The most essential nature of the four noble truths that maharishi Patanjali later formed the eight limbs of Raja Yoga that was inspired by the teachings of the Buddha. Excerpts of essential sutras from the chapter 1 of the Yoga sutra will be explained and reviewed in an inspiring talk.
ABOUT WILL LAU
Will is a duo-lineage holder for two of the most influential yoga systems that are available for modern day yoga practitioners:
UNIVERSAL® YOGA 500-hour RYT (2012) and 200-hour RYT (2010) certification from Yoga Alliance© USA, graduated from Andrey Lappa.
JIVAMUKTI® YOGA Advance Certification (2012) and 350-hour Certification (2007) from Jivamukti Yoga School NYUSA, graduated from David Life & Sharon Gannon.
Will passionately serves yogis especially in Asia where he teaches in Hong Kong, Shanghai China and Taiwan. He has also taught successful workshops in Japan, Korea and Southeast Asia, Germany, Switzerland, UK, France and Australia. Will was the Teacher Training Mentor (2010 & 2011) alongside David Life and Sharon Gannon for Jivamukti Yoga 350-hour Training in New York, and Teacher Training facilitator for Universal® Yoga 200-hour TT (2011-2013) alongside Andrey Lappa in PURE YOGA Hong Kong and China. Will also teaches in the Asia Yoga Conference annually since 2011.
His sense of humor makes yoga classes easy and approachable. Famous for his adjustments and sequencing, will hopes to share yoga with all practitioners with un-conditional love. Vigorous in his style, tender in his words – Will offers a class that pushes students to their limits, freeing their hearts and ultimately stilling their minds.
Will is a dharma practitioner for selfless realization and is forever grateful to the yogic wisdom that is taught to him by his master Andrey Lappa on the science of Ha-Tha Yoga, and relies on Ahimsa and compassionate yogic vegetarian lifestyle that is taught by his gurus David Life and Sharon Gannon. Will pays deep reverence to holy teachers Geshe Michael Roach, Lama Christie McNally, Kristina Pao Cheng, Jessica Kung, Patrick Creelman, Stephen Thomas, Joakim Olin, DL, Icy Lee, Maggie Tan, HHK, Dharma Mittra & DPR who all have inspired him.
3 days workshop fee (22-hour immersion)
- RM 1,200 (early bird ends 31 December 2016)
- RM1,400 (Regular)
- Bank Transfer to Maybank Account 506164051091 (Ng Poh Choo)
- Cash Payment to organizer representative: Contact+60 12-405 6648 (Rose, Vikasa Yoga Penang)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Photos and video may be taken from time to time on our premises by iSpirit.asia employees, solely for iSpirit.asia marketing purposes.
- No refund or credit will be issued for cancellation 3 weeks before the event.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- Step-1: Fill in the form to register
- Step-2: Receive an email from organizer (Vikasa Yoga Penang)
- Step-3: Make payment to organizer (Vikasa Yoga Penang)
- Step-4: Email payment slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step-5: Receive an online receipt from organizer within 3 working days
- REGISTER NOW http://www.ispirit.asia/universalyoga-will/
Date and Time
iSpirit Asia, One South Street Mall
B-5-12, One South Street Mall
Seri Kembangan, Selangor 43300