New Americans: Who Stays?
Examining international, national, and local issues on the migration of peoples.
To educate local public and bring together agencies providing services for Refugees and Immigrants in the Greater Rochester area.
Come to participate and learn about the screening process, how local agencies are helping Refugees and Immigrants with their housing, education, health, and jobs. It will be a worth while four hours to learn about a topic that everyone has been talking about worldwide.
Light refreshments including yogurt, water and coffee are provided.
1. Counsel for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security
2. Community Relations Officer for Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security
1. Housing - Representatives from Catholic Family Center and Rochester Refugee Resettlement Services, Inc.
2. Education - Representatives from Rochester International Academy, City School Disctrict : Family Learning Center (OACES), and Literacy Volunteers of Rochester.
3. Health - Representatives from Rochester Regional Health
4. Jobs - Representatives from Rochester Refugee Resettlement Services, Inc.