Actions and Detail Panel
United Nations Day (UN Day) 2016 - Refugees and Immigrants
Fri, November 18, 2016, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM EST
New Americans: Who Stays?
Examining international, national, and local issues on the migration of peoples.
To educate local public and bring together agencies providing services for Refugees and Immigrants in the Greater Rochester area.
Come to participate and learn about the screening process, how local agencies are helping Refugees and Immigrants with their housing, education, health, and jobs. It will be a worth while four hours to learn about a topic that everyone has been talking about worldwide.
Light refreshments including yogurt, water and coffee are provided.
1. International and Advance and Field Engagement Officer, The United Nations Foundation
2. Officer from Field Operations, US Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security
3. Community Relations Officer for US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security
4. Community Relations Officer for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security
1. Housing - Representatives from Rochester Refugee Resettlement Services
2. Education - Representatives from Rochester International Academy, Rochester City School Disctrict, Office of Adult & Career Education Services (OACES), and Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
3. Health - Representatives from Rochester Regional Health, and The Catholic Family Center
4. Jobs - Representatives from Rochester Refugee Resettlement Services, Angels of Mercy, and the Rochester Rehabilitation Center