United Muslim Masjid's "Muslim Marriage Retreat"
Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 10:00 AM - Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 4:00 PM (EDT)
Pocono Manor, PA
United Muslim Masjid proudly presents its first marriage retreat. Registration and hotel accommodations are $250 per couple. Workshops/sessions include:
* Honoring Your Marriage Contract
* Conflict Resolution using the Quran and Sunnah
* Money Management
* Growing Apart or Growing Together: Adjusting to Inevitable Changes
* How to Forgive and Rebuild Trust
Shadeed Muhammad - Imam of United Muslim Masjid in Philadelphia
Aqil Abdus-Sabur - Islamic Finance and Zakat Expert
Atiya Abdurrahman - Founder of Naasiha Consultation, LLC in Baltimore
Did you know the retreat includes:
- Private room for salat
- Brunch on Saturday
- Refreshment breaks Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Private dining facility for brunch and dinner on Saturday (*Due to our dietary restrictions, The Inn at Pocono Manor has agreed to provide our group with kosher meals prepared in disposal cookware)
- Breakfast buffet on Sunday morning
- Evening halaqas for brothers and sisters
On-site activities include:
* Fitness Center
* Pool table
* Table tennis
* Hiking trails
* Horseback riding
PLEASE BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. SPACES ARE LIMITED!
Visit our Facebook page for more information!
When & Where
The Young Women of United Muslim Masjid and United Muslim Islamic Center
United Muslim Masjid, Inc (UMM) opened on October 11, 1994 at 810 So. 15th street in Philadelphia PA. The Masjid was developed after a group of brothers approached Brother Kenny Gamble aka Luqman Abdul-Haqq of Philadelphia International Records recording fame about using a building in which to establish prayer. United Muslim Islamic Center (UMIC) opened in 2007.