How does your identity affect how you relate to colleagues and the families with whom you work?
How can self-awareness of values and beliefs help you work effectively in a diverse community?
To explore these questions and more, please join us for this interactive and informative training.
This training will help your program meet the following high quality indicator in the Embracing Diversity section of the Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support – ED.2.2 Program provides professional development to support staff to learn about diversity, and to navigate the dynamics of difference.
This training is also a required training for the Case Management Passbook and the Management Certificate Training Series.
Continuing Education Units:
The San Francisco Family Support Network: Continuing Education Provider.
This training meets the qualifications for 3 hours of Continuing Education Unit for MFTs, LPCCs, and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
If you would like to take this training for CEU, the fee is $25 in addition to the ticket price. Please pay the fee separately by credit card by clicking on the CEU option.
In order to receive CEU, you must arrive on time, and you cannot leave early.
For questions, please contact Dr. Martina Ayala at (415) 530-7440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continental breakfast, coffee, and networking will be available beginning at 9:00 AM. Training will begin promptly at 9:30 AM.
Who Should Participate?
Directors, managers, coordinators, and direct service staff
- Increase their awareness of their own diversity lenses in relation to their work
- Learn tools for dialog around issues of social equity and cultural understanding
- Learn how to implement the Guiding Principles of Cultural Competency
- Know how to identify the different levels of the Cultural Competence Continuum
Tarah Fleming, M.A. E.D. -- Start Dialog: Courses in Cultural Competency
- By Check: Please email email@example.com for a registration form.
- By Credit Card: Through Eventbrite
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
Note: This policy applies to each ticket purchased for individual participants.
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the training, you will be refunded your registration fee less a $10 cancellation fee.
- Please email your cancellation request to Marcell Urbina – firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cancel 0-5 days before the training date, no refund or credit will be given.
- SFFSN reserves the right to cancel this training if minimum registration requirements are not met. A refund will be giving to those who are registered.
For questions regarding registration, please contact Marcell Urbina, Administrative Associate, at (415) 437-4824, or at email@example.com.
When & Where
San Francisco Family Support Network
Founded in 2004, the San Francisco Family Support Network is a unique partnership of the stakeholders in the Family Support field: families, community-based organizations, public departments, and private foundations. SFFSN's mission is to work collectively to achieve quality programs, coordination of resources, and policies that support all San Francisco families. For more information, visit our website at www.sffsn.org.