San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
RENEW Energy Initiative Wells Fargo
New England Geothermal Professional Association
Invite You To:
Understanding Geothermal Heating & Cooling
(A workshop to learn about this clean energy resource that can provide terrific commercial, municipal, and residential building energy cost savings)
November 21, 2013
Clark University, 950 Main Street, Worcester, MA
- Is the growing cost of heating and cooling your building(s) a concern?
- Have you heard about geothermal exchange heating and cooling, and want to know more?
- Are you intrigued by the potential of 50% or more energy savings?
- Have you been told that this doesn’t work well in New England or that geothermal systems often disappoint or that they are just too expensive?
Overview: This 2 hour workshop covers the “Why, What, and How” of the most efficient and energy savings way to heat and cool a building. It addresses:
- Retrofit and new construction, with a focus on commercial, institutional, and municipal use.
- An overview of geothermal exchange heating and cooling, including key benefits such as 40 – 80% operating/energy savings and 30 – 50% maintenance savings
- A comprehensive look at how the technology works, what types of systems are available, and the four keys to ensuring that the system will exceed your expectations. We will address and debunk many myths about geothermal exchange.
- Selecting and working with a contractor, including planning, costs, financing, system design, customization, system installation, and post installation support.
Martin Orio – Vice President, Water Energy Distributors, Hampstead, NH and President, New England Geothermal Professional Association
Edward Malloy – CEO, New England Renewable Energy Systems, Weymouth, MA
- Eric Ross – Vice President, RENEW Energy Initiative and former Vice President, EarthSource Energy Solutions, Brookline, MA
Location: Laurie Conference Room * Higgins Building (corner of Maywood and Main Streets)
Registration: 7:30 AM & Program: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM Continental Breakfast Included
Community Partners Include
Institute for Energy and Sustainability Clark University
MA Small Business Development Center SBA
When & Where
RENEW Energy Initiative (REI)
The roots of RENEW Energy Initiative are derived from a desire to leverage an industry that may sustain the region’s economy and provide a livelihood for future generations. Acting as the honest broker REI provides business people and others with access to energy technologies, government policy and other resources. (www.reiteam.org)