San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What are the signs of potential mental illness?
How can you effectively work with families that have mental health issues?
Where can you refer families for mental health resources and services?
For answers to these questions and more, please sign up for this training. Materials and continental breakfast are included.
NOTE: This is one of the required core training in the SFFSN Case Management Passbook Program.
Continental breakfast, coffee, and networking will be available beginning at 8:30 AM.
Who Should Participate?
Direct service providers who work with parents, children, and/or youth.
- Learn to identify warning signs of mental illness
- Learn ways to approach the topic of mental health with families with sensitivity
- Learn how to manage resistance to treatment from clients and their families
- Learn where to connect families with mental health services and resources
Niki Berkowitz, M.F.T. - Clinical Supervisor
Edgewood Center Outpatient Mental Health Program
Continuing Education Units:
Continuing Education Provider: San Francisco Family Support Network PCE5856
Course meets the qualifications for 5 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, and/or LCSWs, as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
If you would like to take this training for continuing education credit, the fee is $25 in addition to the ticket price. Please pay the fee separately by credit card by clicking on the CEU option.
In order to receive continuing education credit, you must arrive on time, and you cannot leave early.
For questions, please contact Dr. Martina Ayala at (415) 530-7440 or email@example.com
- By Check: Please email Marcell at firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form.
- By Credit Card: Through Eventbrite
Note: This policy applies to each ticket purchased for individual participants.
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the training, you will be refunded your registration fee less a $10 cancellation fee.
- Please email your cancellation request to Marcell Urbina – email@example.com
- If you cancel 0-5 days before the training date, no refund or credit will be given.
- SFFSN reserves the right to cancel this training if minimum registration requirements are not met. A refund will be giving to those who are registered.
For questions, please contact Marcell Urbina, Administrative Associate, at (415) 437-4824, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
San Francisco Family Support Network
Founded in 2004, the San Francisco Family Support Network is a unique partnership of the stakeholders in the Family Support field: families, community-based organizations, public departments, and private foundations. SFFSN's mission is to work collectively to achieve quality programs, coordination of resources, and policies that support all San Francisco families. For more information, visit our website at www.sffsn.org.