Actions and Detail Panel
UMass Large Scale EDS Exercise and Workshop
Thu, April 6, 2017, 12:30 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
The UMass-Amherst MRC will host a large scale exercise to practice operating an Emergency Dispensing Site (EDS) for a Meningitis B outbreak scenario. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about Meningitis B, receive Just-In-Time Trainings, and experience a vaccination clinic as a victim volunteer or an EDS staff member. Our dynamic speakers will share their personal experiences to highlight the seriousness of a Meningitis B outbreak and help health care providers develop empathy for their patients. This event has been approved for 2 EMS Credits for EMT's! Be sure to sign the roster when you arrive to get credit for your participation.
PLEASE SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR MORE EVENT INFORMATION
UMass Amherst Large Scale Emergency Dispensing Site (EDS) for Meningitis B Outbreak Scenario
When: Thursday, April 6th 12:30pm-5:00pm
Where: UMass Amherst Campus Center--Lower Level
What: Full Scale Exercise of Emergency Dispensing Site
Register: Select the appropriate ticket below to sign up (choose 1)
Funded by: Hampshire Public Health Preparedness Coalition
- To evaluate MA Responds volunteer activation communication systems and text messaging system
- To evaluate the Five College and host town notification tool as a means to communicate effectively
- To evaluate aspects of the UMass EDS plan including flow, volunteer training & utilization, signage, communication, and collaboration
Things to know:
- Please keep in mind that this is a no-fault, educational exercise designed to practice our EDS plan and identify areas for improvement. We appreciate your patience and participation!
- All volunteers will be asked to role play being a college student in need of the Meningitis B vaccine. A select group will participate as EDS staff.
- This will be a simulation ONLY. NO NEEDLES will be used and NO IMMUNIZATIONS will be given.
- Please leave all personal items and valuables at home. No secure storage will be available.
- If you are registered on MA Responds, you will receive at least 2 email notifications and text messages as part of this exercise. Please follow the instructions provided.
- The Campus Parking Garage is the closest parking option located at: 51 Forestry Way, Amherst, MA
- For College of Nursing students, business casual dress is appropriate. Uniforms are not required.
- Light refreshments will be served during the event.
- We are asking attendees to consider bringing non-perishable food donations or paper goods for the Not Bread Alone soup kitchen. Suggested items: Olive oil, pasta, salad dressing, canned vegetables, rice, canned beans, coffee, spices, juice, olives, paper towels, or napkins. Those who donate will be entered into a raffle for great prizes!