Have fun learning to play 'ukulele from an experienced educator and professional entertainer with a unique method of forming chords with minimal muscle strain and strumming styles taught by no one else on Maui. Gain a Hawaiian cultural experience learning to play Hawaii's official instrument from a Native Hawaiian with over 50 years experience playing the uke. Adults who can play C, F, and G7 chords confidently will have more fun.
- Learn to form chord shapes with minimal muscle strain.
- Learn unique strumming styles to fun sing-along songs.
- No need to read music as we play songs by ear without looking at music sheets.
- Experience playing 'ukulele in a group setting led by professional singers/entertainers.
- Discover ways to continue learning on Maui and from wherever you live by private lessons, online lessons, and/or packaged song sets of book/DVD/CD for different skill levels.
REGISTER FOR FREE to save-your-seat today! Cost at-the-door is $10/$5 for museum members and includes admission to see the largest collection of Hawaiian artifacts in Maui County. A limited number of instruments are available for a rental fee of $10 when you let us know in advance. Join us to experience the joy of making music the Ukulele Mele Way at a historical Hawaiian place.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is plenty of parking in the museum parking lot. See photos of what it looks like driving up to the museum.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Adults of all ages are welcome.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Bring your 'ukulele. If you don't have one, request to rent one (fee $10) when you register.
Where can I find out about past and future workshops?
Visit the Workshops on Maui webpage to sample lessons, read reviews, see photos, watch a video, and more.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-281-4981
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. Advance registration saves your seat as space is limited. Plus, your registration provides a way to contact you in case the workshop needs to be cancelled at the last minute.