The OGC UK & Ireland Forum is an informal organization of the OGC members in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. It is open to everyone. Both members and non-members interested in learning more about using open location standards are encouraged to attend.The Forum started in 2006 and its activities are governed by a committee of OGC members.
The December meeting is set to be packed with some great presentations, discussion and lots of updates on what is happening in the OGC and the international geospatial landscape generally. Some of the topics will include:
- Ramani Huria Project (World Bank crowd sourcing project in Tanzania) http://ramanihuria.org/
- UN-GGIM Private Sector Network and a general update on UN-GGIM activities http://www.opengeospatial.org/UNGGIM_PSN
- Results from the recent Future Cities Pilot (OGC, Ordnance Survey, BuildingSmart, Greenwich, and others)
- Update from Spatial Data on the Web Working Group (OGC/W3C)
- And the usual update from the recent Technical Meetings in Taiwan
Though time will be tight, if you are interested in providing a presentation on the night please get in contact with the chair Andrew Hughes email@example.com or OGC rep Denise McKenzie firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also join us afterwards for an end of year celebratory drink.
Look forward to seeing you there.