Actions and Detail Panel
UK Equine Nutrition Short Course
Sat, May 13, 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
University of Kentucky Equine Nutrition Short Course
Presented by the Equine Nutrition Working Group
Intended for horse owners who want to understand how nutritional management can affect the health and performance of their horses.
Morning Lectures: UK VEterinary Diagnostic Lab
- Does your horse need an immune-supplement?
- Is your horse getting enough (or too much) protein?
- Healthy hay and grain
- Horse nutrition myths and mysteries
- And more....
Afternoon Labs: UK Maine Chance Farm
- Is that fat or muscle? Is he fit or thin? Hand on horse evaluation tools
- Dry, soaked or steamed? Best hay feeding practices
- Pasture and hay evaluation
- Feeding through the lifecycle: The right feed and supplements for performance, growth and reproduction
- And more...