What? Project Learning Tree (PLT) is an award-winning international environmental education program that uses trees as a "window to the world." This workshop will prepare you to lead activities from PLT's PreK-8 Activity Guide. Click Here to learn more about Project Learning Tree in Florida.
Who? Anyone interested in learning how to teach youth about the environment. In-service and pre-service teachers, community volunteers, scout and camp leaders, undergraduate and graduate students welcome
- Earn continuing education credit
- Build your resume with new abilities and skills
- Learn how to teach youth about environmental issues
- Become a certified Project Learning Tree Educator
- Receive a copy of the PLT's PreK-8 Guide containing 96 hands on activities
- Meet other educators, share ideas and network
- Have Fun!
When? Saturday Jan. 28, 2017 The doors open at 8:30, the workshop begins at 9:00am and will end at 3:00pm
How Much? Only $10.00! Sponsors are paying for workshop materials
What to Bring: Bring your own lunch and beverages. Dress for outdoors and indoors.
Where? Austin Cary Forest, 10625 NE Waldo Rd, Gainesville FL 32609
It is a 10 minute drive from the entrance of Austin Cary to the Learning Center
Sponsors: UF School of Forest Resources and Conservation, UF Wildlife Ecology and Conservation, Agricultural Education and Communications