Free

UCSB Alumni Day of Service

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

Mosher Alumni House

Mosher Alumni

Santa Barbara, CA 93105

View Map

Event description
Join fellow Gauchos worldwide in service to our communities!

About this Event

What is the Day of Service?

No Matter Where You Are

No Matter What Your Passion

Together Gauchos Give Back and Make the World a Better Place!

On November 16, 2019, we want to unite Gauchos throughout the United States, and the world to participate in a day of giving back to our communities. We encourage you to find a volunteer opportunity in your area, or join one of ours, that is meaningful to you and spend time giving back.

Feel free to create your own event! And if you think it's something that others would want to join you in doing, email us at programs@alumni.ucsb.edu and we may be able to add it to our list. Events in various locations will be added up until November 16th.

Register here and tell us what act of service you will participate in on November 16th and we will send you a Gauchos Give Back t-shirt to wear on the day (S-XXXL). Post a picture of yourself wearing your t-shirt on social media using the hashtag #GauchosGiveBack and email your photo to programs@alumni.ucsb.edu including your name and class year.

T-shirts available while supplies last when you register by November 9, 2019. If you register later, you are highly encouraged to show Gaucho pride in your UCSB apparel.

You can find Gauchos in every US state and corner of the globe. Opportunities to volunteer with other Gauchos in several metropolitan areas will be added in the coming months. Stay tuned for details.

Day of Service 2019 Events:

Santa Barbara, CA

PATH: People Assisting the Homeless

3622, 816 Cacique Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93103

10:00 am - 1:00 pm

Volunteers will be helping out in the kitchen; sorting food donations, prepping food, and serving lunch. A max of 12 people can sign up for this job, excess volunteers will help clean and organize the center. Please avoid shorts, tank tops, and sandals. If you have long hair please tie it up.

Please print the volunteer waiver, sign it, and bring it with you on the day: shorturl.at/mqzGY

Austin, Texas

Urban Roots: 7651 Delwau Lane, Austin, TX 78725

9:00 am - 12:00 pm

Urban Roots offers the opportunity to learn about our sustainable local urban farm. Our goal is to offer everyone that steps on to our 3.5 acre farm an opportunity to grow! A max of 30 people can sign up to pick produce, 60% of which is sold at farmer’s markets and the wholesale market. The other 40% is donated to local hunger relief organizations.

Volunteer at the Urban Roots Farm November 16

Click ‘Register’

Select ‘Group Volunteer Registration’ & Click ‘Checkout’

Review our Volunteer Agreement and complete registration

Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

Mosher Alumni House

Mosher Alumni

Santa Barbara, CA 93105

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved