Two Rivers Retreat 2017: Eco-Yoga and Mindfulness in the Jungle, Costa Rica
Stretch, hike, swim, breathe, relax, and explore in the jungle of Costa Rica for a week with Lena Schmidt and Melissa Eisler.
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica is a unique, eco-conscious yoga retreat center completely solar powered and off the grid. Located a short hike from a secluded waterfall and swimming hole at the intersection of two rivers, and a longer river walk to the ocean, The Sanctuary provides the perfect blend of modern luxury and natural essence, allowing you to connect to nature in a comfortable way.
If a week of yoga, mindfulness, hiking, organic food, luxury tree houses, and enjoying a close connection with new friends sounds like your kind of vacation, keep reading…
Yoga and Meditation Classes
Two teachers in a small group setting means personalized attention and instruction. Lena and Melissa are both registered yoga instructors, teaching yoga and meditation in the San Diego area. Their intention for the retreat is not only for you to relax and have fun in Costa Rica, but also to offer tools and practices to take home with you and integrate into daily life. Yoga classes will be taught in the outdoor yoga pagoda to the backdrop of the jungle. Class styles will be a mixture of Vinyasa flow, mellow hatha, restorative, and alignment-based, workshop-style practices to help you fine-tune and take your practice to the next level.
Daily mindfulness classes are great for beginners interested in learning how to meditate, but will offer plenty of opportunity to dive deeper into your meditation practice if you already have a practice. This retreat will encourage you to step away from everyday life and relax, renew, and reconnect with yourself at a deep level.
Sample Schedule / Typical Day
- Jungle Morning! (Fruit/Coffee/Tea/Snacks)
- Morning practice
- Organic breakfast
- Mindfulness practice or activity and lounging (walking, journaling, relaxation, meditation, creative time…)
- Organic gourmet lunch
- Afternoon class/workshop/group activity
- Organic dinner
- Evening tribe gathering or relaxation time
- 7 days and 6 nights at The Sanctuary at Two Rivers (Eco-luxury accommodations)
- 3 organic meals every day
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- Workshops, group activities, tribe gatherings, mindfulness practices
- Group excursion to Santa Teresa, a charming Costa Rican beach town
- Waterfall wellness ritual
- Jungle Alchemy Dance Experience
- Live music Savasana by co-instructor Melissa Eisler
- Endless amounts of hiking and swimming in the waterfalls and along the rivers
- Retreat taxes
- Limitless relaxation by the pool, in the hammocks, from the tree houses …
What's NOT Included?
- Airfare. To / from departing country and to / from the Nicoya Peninsula (Tambor Airstrip) in Costa Rica (25-minute flight from San Jose)
- Airport fees in Costa Rica or your departing country
- Ground transportation costs to / from Tambor and The Sanctuary (an estimated $30 round trip on the designated arrival dates and times)
- Optional Excursions: Zip-lining, horseback riding, surfing lessons, snorkeling
- Optional Spa Treatments: Massages, facials, nutrition consultations
- Retreat staff gratuity
- Travel insurance, if desired
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
You bet. Just let us know who will be coming in your place.