San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
TRANSCENDING THE PERSONAL
A 5 day retreat in Spain
8th-12th June 2017
Only one thing stands in the way of living a mentally and spiritually healthy life filled with peace, love and wisdom: the personal ego and the fear it breeds. It is behind all our problems, difficulties and issues and is usually the most difficult thing we bump up against in our lives. No matter how much we understand the Three Principles it seems to rear its head again and again, and we keep getting tricked. The purpose of this retreat is to explore how to get it out of our way, and to see what happens to us when we are able to transcend it.
However, because consciousness makes the ego and fear look and feel so real, it is not so easy to extract ourselves from the "reality" of it or to see our way through it. This takes deeper exploration. The answer does not lie in trying to change our thinking, or in “figuring out”, or in getting to the root of where it comes from, or in stating the mantra, “There is no ‘I’”; the answer lies in truly transcending it. But what does transcending the personal really mean? And how can we help it happen, when it does look and feel so real? This is the direction our exploration will take in our first retreat.
For some of us it will be enough to see it more deeply for ourselves. For practitioners who attend we will also explore how transcending the personal impacts the effectiveness of our work with others
Who is it for?
Anybody who already has some understanding of the Three Principles and would like to gain the benefits listed below.
What are the Benefits of Attending this retreat?
• gain a deeper understanding of what “the personal” really means and how it and the fear it breeds is the only thing standing in our way of living in a state of peace and love
• more deeply explore the varying aspects of the personal and how subtly and insidiously it works within us all, even when we understand the Principles
• gain a deeper understanding of what “transcending” really means, what we are transcending to
• become better able to deeply listen to what our personal blocks are saying to us and to
• become better able to help ourselves and others see through the personal blocks standing in our and others’ way, deeply listen to wisdom and see how to transcend them via the spiritual
"Jack and Gabriela's professional training was an unbelievable experience which I will hold dear in my heart forever! They created a space of safety, compassion and love like no other. It was as if the entire group merged as One - the energy was phenomenal which allowed us all to do deeper into our understanding of what and who we really are as human beings, and shed all the stuff that isn't!
They were so generous as they shared their years of experience pointing people towards Truth. The two very unique and different styles of both Jack and Gabriela were so complimentary I wouldn't want to miss out on this combination ever again - it was simply wonderful! - With Love"
HELPING OTHERS TRANSCEND THE PERSONAL
A 5 day retreat in Spain
27th - 31st October 2017
It is one thing (and necessary) to understand how we, ourselves, can transcend the personal. It is another thing to help others see it for themselves, as well. Some of us work with others formally as coaches, counselors, therapists or teachers. Others would love to be able to help their loved ones, friends or those with whom they work to transcend the ego and fear as well. The purpose of this retreat is to gain an understanding of how to help others to transcend the personal.
As usual, this retreat will contain a combination of talks, small group discussions, deep listening pairs and more, combined with the mind relaxing in a beautiful, safe, fun setting.
Who is it for?
Anybody who already has some understanding of the Three Principles and who would like to gain the benefits listed below.
This Retreat will generally follow the format of the “Cultivating the Art of Working Effectively with Others One-on-One,” which was conducted in Albir last year. Helping others to transcend the personal is also an art (as opposed to a skill) that needs to be cultivated.
Helping others to transcend personal ego and fear adds a new and different dimension to merely seeing how it works within ourselves. It is easy to flounder in attempting to help others see this within themselves. Sometimes we don’t know which way to turn. Sometimes we have to dip in and out of helping people to look in the direction of what the ego is doing to them and pointing in the direction of spiritual transcendence. This is where the “art” comes in. No matter how good we are at helping others we can all get even better.
This Retreat will help people become even better grounded in transcending the personal
What are the Benefits of Attending this Retreat?
1. Further deepen personal grounding in seeing and transcending the personal
2. Cultivating the art of helping others personally, whether as a therapist, counselor or coach, or simply as someone who wishes to help loved ones or others informally, by-
- helping others’ minds to quiet,
- listening extremely deeply,
- knowing the best direction to go with anyone in the moment, whether towards uncovering the personal or moving toward the spiritual and to transcendence
- transcending the personal to become free of restraints about how it should be done.
3. Gain a feeling of relaxation, comfort and confidence.
I love working with Jack. That goes without saying. I have learnt a lot from him... but to have Jack AND Gabriela working together was fantastic! I had not spent time working with her before and was so glad to have the opportunity to do so. Their ease of working together shone through and their years of experience complemented each others teachings.
We laughed a lot. We cried a little. The five days spent together was a deep time of exploration, openness and sharing in a totally cradled environment of trust and acceptance.
As the group shared and questioned, Jack and Gabriela pointed us towards new seeing, deep listening and fresh understandings for ourselves, but ultimately about how to work one to one with a client. We got to see this in action a few times. Sheela and Katja have organised a few of these now and they are a great team. Others contributed too which made the whole event rich. I look forward and hope to work with all of them again soon.
This Retreat will include-
- One-on-one demonstrations
- Observing one-on-one helping
- Practicing one-on-one helping with others
- Examples of cases that brought hope to others who were able to transcend the personal, even in highly problematic stressful situations
- The opportunity to bring the most difficult problems you’ve experienced with others/clients to get fresh perspective
- Receiving personal feedback in a completely safe atmosphere
- Reflection and relaxation time on the lovely Mediterranean coast of Spain
- A good feeling
Meet your teachers for both 5 day retreats ...
Gabriela Maldonado-Montano & Dr Jack Pransky
For over 20 years Gabriela has shared the Principles with individuals, teams and organizations in a variety of settings. She started her career in the nonprofit and public sectors where she designed and implemented services that often reached people in extreme circumstances. Her continuous contact with service providers in schools, government agencies and NGO’s offered her a unique appreciation of the high levels of burnout these professional experience. Inspired by this need, she developed training programs to work with teams and leaders in order to maximize creativity, collaboration and wellbeing.
She spent over a decade working for Santa Clara County’s Department of Alcohol and Drug Services Department, 3 Principles Services division, where she led projects across a wide breadth of departments, populations and cultural settings. Gabriela directed the Training of Trainers program where she mentored new Principles practitioners.
Driven and inspired by the results of her clients she co-founded True Change Consultants, a firm that assists organizations to meet challenges and rise to their highest aspirations. Although, no longer an active owner, she remains senior trainer, coach and thinking partner.
Gabriela's heart lies in helping children lead joyful lives. She was co-director of the Center for Sustainable Change, a US national non-profit which aimed to transform the lives of children and youth in distress. In collaboration with Antonio Gomez, Spanish writer extraordinaire, she has developed a children's book that will be published this year.
Currently Gabriela lives in Silicon Valley and loves being part of this “mecca” of innovation and diversity. Her human potential consulting work spans a wide range of national and international clients in a variety of ethnic, religious and cultural settings.
Dr. Jack Pransky is a very experienced coach and trainer of the Three Principles, who is focused on the health of the helper. He has been facilitating this understanding and how to teach it for over 20 years and shares his vast experience with great dedication and passion. Jack has the fantastic ability to describe the Three Principles right to the point emphasizing the simplicity and the depth of their nature. He demonstrates the power that unfolds through deepening ones understanding in relating the Three Principles to everyday life situations. Also in his books he describes this understanding and the way it plays out in life in a clear and practical way for everybody to grasp.
Group is limited to 25 participants to ensure individual one-to-one support
Retreat Schedule* (to give you an idea of the envisioned loose structure for both retreats)
Friday – Monday: 10am – 1.30pm and 5.30 – 7.30pm; Tuesday: 10am – 1.30pm
yoga available 8-9am every morning
*subject to change
SUPER SPECIAL OFFER FOR PARTICIPATING IN BOTH RETREATS
4 MONTHLY GROUP WEBINARS
We want to continue to support participants in between trainings and as the “rubber meets the road” so to speak. There will be four webinars where you can:
• Have on-going conversations to deepen a point
• Ask questions as new challenges rise
• Reconnect with fellow participants and facilitators
• Share insights since last training/webinar
• Bring real life scenarios to discuss and gain understanding
TOTAL INVESTMENT FOR BOTH RETREATS includes
• 10 training days with Jack and Gabriela
• Lots of lovely space built in for reflection and relaxation
• Optional yoga sessions to begin your day (included in price)
• Very special hotel rate only available to the group
• Mid morning refreshments on all sessions (healthy and unhealthy are available!)
• Optional massage and/or reflexology sessions in the hotel (not included in price)
€3190.00 plus 21% VAT
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL to be paid in full by end March 2017
ONLY €2590,00 plus VAT
EXTRA SPECIAL BONUSES
1. For the first 6 Early Birds who pay in full for one retreat - A 60 minute one-to-one coaching session with Jack or Gabriela to be taken within three months of the retreat
2. For those who take part in both retreats - Participation in 4 monthly group webinars with Jack and Gabriela in between retreats.
REGULAR PRICE OF ONE RETREAT: €1795.00 + 21% sales tax
EARLY BIRD PRICE OF ONE RETREAT: €1495.00 + 21% sales tax
EARLY BIRD PRICE FOR 2 RETREATS: €2590.00 + 21% sales tax
Flexible payment terms can be arranged by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to meet you out here on the Costa Blanca. There is no shortage of hotels and apartments, restaurants, cafés, mountain walks, beaches ............. we will provide you with a list if you need it! Please ask.
Plus transfer from Alicante airport to the hotel is super easy and very economical - from just 8 euros each way. Check out Benniconnect as an example - especially their express service.
Look forward to seeing you in June!
Save This Event
When & Where
(00 34) 677 596 880