This two-day workshop (Tuesday, February 28 AND Wednesday, April 19) will provide participants with an interactive overview of the research and best practices in dual language and biliteracy instruction at the secondary level. Participants will engage in activities, reflection, and discussion about creating a dual language program that supports bilingual and biliteracy development – across the content areas – in the middle school and high school. Topics reviewed will include:
- Defining Dual Language and Biliteracy
- Elements of Dual Language Instruction at the Secondary Level
- Dual Language Instruction Across the Content Areas: Spanish, English, Social Studies, Math, Science, Physical Education, and Fine Arts
- The Bridge between Languages
- Dual Language Student Profiles
- Dual Language Educator Profiles
The information presented in this two-day workshop is cumulative, so participants are expected to attend both days. The ticket and fee cover both days. A personalized ticked is required for each attendee, so please make sure to have the following information available before beginning the registration process:
- position and grade level
- type of language acquisition program
Please note that that all sales are final. We only accept on-line payment via credit card. If your distict would like to pay via check, please contact us at email@example.com. Registration is on a first come, first served basis, and will close when the maximum has been reached.
Thank you, and we hope to see you there.
Center for Teaching for Biliteracy Team