Twitter: Social Media Practicum
Thursday, June 20, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Instructor: Sandeep Junnarkar
In this hands-on workshop, we'll work with Twitter, taking the steps necessary to establish your academic brand presence on this social media platform. We'll explore the following skills:
- Selecting an appropriate user ID or "handle"
- Creating a useful Twitter profile
- Writing style when limited to 140 characters
- Following other Twitter personalities
- Retweeting tweets and direct messaging
- Integrating your Twitter presence into your Wordpress.com blog
When & Where
JustPublics@365 is a project that uses digital media as a way to connect academics, journalists and activists across traditional silos, and foster transformation on issues of social justice.