Twice-exceptional learners have a unique combination of ability and disability. Twice-exceptional learners have a need for adaptations to the curriculum to create greater challenge, pace, and depth coupled with a need for accommodations to the learning environment to effectively access content and demonstrate what they know. This talk will help parents and educators to understand the needs of twice-exceptional learners and how they can provide support to these learners at home and at school.
Topics will include:
- Educational challenges and risks for twice-exceptional learners
- The psycho-social impacts of being twice-exceptional
- Laws pertaining to the identification and support of twice-exceptional learners
- Identifying twice-exceptional learners
- The impact of teacher knowledge of twice-exceptionality on student outcomes
- Supports for twice-exceptional learners.
Bring your questions!
If there are particular things you'd like the presenter to cover, please email email@example.com to let us know.